In this article, we will tell you about What is Affiliate Marketing, how does it work and how to make money with affiliate marketing. There are many ways to make money online from your blog. But Affiliate marketing is considered to highest earning source.
Let’s understand it in detail “what is an Affiliate marketing program and how does it work”…
What is Affiliate Marketing?
In Affiliate Marketing, any person promotes or recommends the products of another company through their blog or website. In return, the affiliate company gives some commission to that person. Every single product has different commissions. It can also be a percentage of the commission sale or even a certain amount. These products can be anything like web hosting, electronics or clothing.
How Affiliate Marketing works
When a company wants to promote its products, it offers an affiliate program. And when blogger or website owner joins the program, then company gives him a banner or link to promote product for his blog or website, which have to place that link or banner on your blog or website. And when the visitor buys something by clicking on that affiliate link or banner or signing up for a service, in return affiliate company gives some affiliate commission to affiliate partner(you).
Some Important Terms of Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
To understand these marketing strategies in depth, understand these key terms.
- Affiliate Marketplace – When a company offers affiliate programs, they are called Affiliate Marketplaces.
- Affiliates – When a blogger or website owner joins an Affiliate program and promote their products on own blog or website, They are called Affiliates.
- Affiliate ID – Each affiliate program has unique ID.
- Affiliate link – To promote products, some links are provided to each Affiliates, So that visitors can buy the product on clicking them.
- Link Clocking – Most affiliate links look long and weird. Shorten these links to URL shortners.
- Payment Mode – By which you will get commission. Many affiliates offer different modes such as cheque, wire transfer, paypal etc.
- Commission – The amount is provided to Affiliate according to each sale. It can be a few percent of the sale
- Payment Threshold – This means minimum payout and when you earn a minimum payout, you will be paid. The payment threshold amount of different programs is different.
Frequently Asked Questions related to Affiliate Marketing
So, after understanding Affiliate Marketing, you will know some of the questions that are often asked by users.
Can We Use Google Adsense and Affiliate advertising Together on a Website or Blog?
Yes, Affiliate Marketing and Ad Networks Such as Google Adsense can be used together. And Affiliate Marketing is a great source of revenue for many people.
Is Blog or Website Required for Affiliate Marketing?
Not necessarily, but a blog or website is necessary to earn more money from affiliate marketing.
Which companies or organizations offer to join Affiliate program?
No, every company does not offers to join affiliate program. You have to find out which companies provides affiliate programs.
How to find out which companies offer Affiliate program?
Go to Google Search and search for that company’s name with ‘Affiliate’ word. In this way you will know that company provides affiliate program or not. Anyway, there are many blogs on the Internet, where you can find out which companies offer Affiliate program and along with this you can read full reviews about them.
How much can i earn from Affiliate marketing
It depends on you that how many visitors can attract to the program and how many sales to Affiliate programs.
In the next articles we will share some of the best Affiliate marketing strategies.
That’s it for today….
If you like this article, please do not forget to share it on twitter, Google+ and facebook. You can comment for any type of question or suggestion related to this article!