Are you looking for the best audio editing apps DAWs for Android?
Audio editing apps help with trimming, converting audio, adding effects and much more. A good DAW gives you many things like multiple channels to edit, sound effects and MIDI support, among many other things.
Fortunately, Android is a powerful platform with tons of audio editing apps and DAWs that will help you do just that and much more. But not all of them are good, here below are the best audio and DAW editing apps for Android.
Let’s check out the best audio editing apps for Android…!
Brief Descriptions of The Content
Best Audio Editing Apps and Daws for Android
Lexis Audio Editor
Create new audio recordings or edit audio files with the Lexis Audio Editor and save the files in the desired audio format. The trial version has all the features you get in the paid version including option saving in wav, m4a, aac, flac and wma format. Saving in mp3 format is available only in the paid version.
- Recorder and player
- Cut, copy and paste
- Delete, insert silence, trim, fade in, fade out
- Normalizing, noise reduction
- Record into existing file, import file into existing file
- Mixes the current file with another file
- 10 band equalizer
- Change Tempo, Speed, Pitch
- Audioformats: mp3 (-320kb/s), wav (16 Bit PCM), flac, m4a, aac and wma, video import: mp4, 3gp, 3g2
Timbre: Cut, Join, Convert Mp3 Audio & Mp4 Video
Timbre is an app for editing audio and video files. It allows you to cut, join and convert audio or video files. It is completely free. It supports a wide variety of media types (mp3, wav, flac, m4a, aac, mp4, avi, flv, mov, webm, mkv, mpeg). This app provides multiple types of editing on audio or video files.
- Lets you cut songs or videos as you like and save every file format (from mp4 to mp3 to avi, flv, mkv and more).
- Lets you join mp3 songs or join videos together, combining as many files as you like into one.
- You can convert video files to many formats including mp3, wav, flac, m4a, aac and more.
- Its MP3 video converter lets you extract MP3 from videos.
- Convert videos to GIF animated files easily.
- You can split any audio or video file into two parts.
- You cut out a part from the middle of an audio or video file.
- You can quickly compress your mp3 or m4a files and pick a custom bitrate.
- You can change the speed of your audio or video files.
- Timbre uses your phone’s built-in Text to speech engine, just type or paste any text you wish and it will convert it into voiced speech. You can listen to it or you can export it as an audio file
AudioLab Audio Editor Recorder & Ringtone Maker
AudioLab is the most powerful audio editor app which includes all the audio editing features like Audio Trimming (cut/crop/copy/paste / add silence/fade / undo/redo), Audio Mixing ( Mix Four Audio, Change Speed & Pitch, have all DJ effect options and Filters ), Tag Editing, Audio Merging, Audio Recorder, Audio Converter, Music player, Voice Editor and many more features.
- Lets you cut the best part of your audio as you like.
- Audio Mixer – MIX your audio with four different audio tracks to create remixes. Also you can add lots of effects like echo, whoosh, reverb, 3d Audio spatializer and more.
- You can change Tempo & Pitch of audio.
- Merge two or more audio and create single audio. Furthermore, you can merge Audio files of different formats with no loss in Audio Quality
- Tag Editor help to correct wrong Album / Song art & inaccurate audio tag.
- Convert any audio files from one format to another. Choose from the following Audio formats- MP3, WAV, AAC, MP4, FLAC, OGG, OPUS with different Channel, Sample & Bit Rate.
- Record your voice and music with the desired Source, Channel, Sample rate, Audio Format, and advanced option like Noise Suppressor, Automatic Gain, and Skip Silence.
- Split Audio & Reverse Audio – Split any audio file into two parts and reverse any audio file with Instant Preview.
- Convert Text to Speech and Speech to Text with phone’s built-in Text to speech engine.
- Simple and handy app to remove any noise from audio and normalize it for quality listening.
- Change your voice/audio.
- Remove vocal from your audio.
WavePad Audio Editor Free
WavePad Audio Editor is a free audio editing app for Android that comes with full-featured professional tools (record, edit, add effects, and share your audio). When editing audio files, you can cut, copy and paste parts of recordings, and then add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. It supports a number of other file formats.
- Supports a number of file formats including MP3, WAV (PCM), WAV (GSM) and AIFF.
- Sound editing tools include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, auto-trim, compression, pitch shifting and more.
- Audio effects include amplify, normalize, equalizer, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse and many more.
- Audio restoration features including noise reduction and click pop removal.
- Supports sample rates from 6 to 192kHz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
- Sound effect library includes hundreds of sound effects and royalty free music clips.
WaveEditor for Android™ Audio Recorder & Editor
WaveEditor for Android is a professional tool for editing, recording, and mastering audio. It also supports a wide variety of file types that make it suitable for audio format conversion and media playback. The free version of WaveEditor contains many features and is quite useful. If you like this app, you can go for the pro version to fully utilize its potential.
- Multi-Track mixing and editing
- WAV or MP3 recording formats
- Visual tools (FFT, oscilloscope, spectrogram)
- Supported import formats: 3gp, aac, aif, aifc, aiff, alac, amr, au, caf, flac, htk, iff, m4a, mat4, mat5, mp3, mp4, ogg, paf, pcm, pvf, raw, sd2, sf, snd, svx, voc, w64, wav, xi
- Supported export formats: aiff, flac, mp3, ogg, pcm, wav
- Standalone and in-editor audio recorders
- USB Microphone support (More info: https://sbaud.io/wavstudio-usb-microphone-support/)
- Built-in file browser for loading and saving files
- 32-bit floating-point signal processing
- Single sample editing
- Zooming, panning, and selection functions
- Macro processes such as fade, reverse, & invert
- Amplitude meter
- Undo/redo & copy/paste features
- Compact view setting for smaller devices
- Alternative waveform colours for better stereo visualization
- Separate audio format conversion utility
- Auto pitch tune effect
- Recorder widget
BandLab – Music Recording Studio & Social Network
BandLab is the best free audio editor apps on mobile. Its multi-track Mix Editor is a music maker that lets you record, edit and remix your music. You can create beats, add creative effects, use loops and samples with its royalty-free sound pack from genres like EDM, dubstep, garage, hip-hop, house, rock, rap, and more.
- NEW Sampler – You can create custom instruments. You can also customize given sample to get just the sound you want.
- 16-Track Mix Editor – Multi-track digital audio workstation (DAW) that you can use as an audio recording app, beat maker, audio editor and so much more.
- 330+ Virtual MIDI Instruments.
- Huge variety of Virtual MIDI instruments that you can create music from.
- 180+ Vocal/Guitar/Bass effect presets.
- Mastering – Upload your song or recording and let the built-in mastering work its magic.
- Video Mix – Create expressive video clips.
- Tuner and Metronome – Modern essential audio tools to never miss the beat or out of tune.
Dolby On: Record Audio & Music
Transform your phone into a powerful recording tool. You can record songs, sounds, instruments, podcasts, rehearsals, voice memos, ideas, lyrics, beats, and more in high-quality audio. It is a free recording app with cutting edge Dolby audio technology. This app records live music and videos with a suite of automatic studio effects including noise reduction, limiting, spatial audio, EQ, and more.
- It is an easy-to-use audio recorder.
- Record live music, voice, videos, podcasts, with a suite of automatic studio effects.
- You can even record in other apps and import into Dolby On to edit, enhance, and improve song quality.
- Clear up and improve your audio quality with noise reduction, de-essing, and a fade in/out.
- Shape your audio and video recording with Dolby’s unique Dynamic EQ and spatial audio for tone and space.
- Optimize volume of your song recording for popular music platforms and social media platforms like SoundCloud, Instagram, Facebook, and more.
- Customize your voice memo, music memo, or video recording with free music studio audio effects and vocal editor.
- Use the six custom-designed Sound Tools to apply to your music recording.
- Use Dolby’s Dynamic EQ to get fine-tuned treble, bass and mids control to tune your recording or music memo.
- Use the free audio editor to trim your recording start and stop.
- Export your recordings, songs, and videos into your favourite audio editor (DAW) or video editor for additional editing.
- Record the band and make any instrument sound: guitar, drums, piano, voice, and more.
Cubasis LE 3 Trial – Music Studio and Audio Editor
Cubasis LE 3 Trial is the compact version of Steinberg’s multi-award winning, professional music studio app, with the same look and feel of Cubasis 3. It is one of the fastest and most intuitive, complete audio and MIDI DAWs available for Android smartphones, tablets or Chromebooks. You can perform, record, mix and share your music wherever you are.
- Up to four audio and four MIDI tracks
- 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Audio and MIDI hardware support
- MicroSonic with 25 instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic and Allen Morgan drum kits
- Audio and MIDI demo loops
- Mixer with six effect processors
- Virtual keyboard with note repeat control
- Sample Editor and MIDI Editor
- Two assignable physical inputs and stereo outputs*
Caustic 3 is a music creation tool. It provides everything in real-time and is optimized for mobile devices. You can connect USB MIDI controllers via USB OTG cable and your devices should be at least Android 3.2 and supporting USB host mode. But this is a demo version of Caustic. There is no time limit in demo mode but save/export are disabled. By unlocking the full version you can save as well as exporting to WAV, Ogg and MIDI.
- Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer.
- Multi-sample wave synthesizer.
- BassLine – 303-like monosynth.
- BeatBox – 8-channel sampling drum machine.
- PadSynth – Harmonic table pad synthesizer.
- 8BitSynth – 8bit equation solver synthesizer.
- Fully configurable and routable synthesizer.
- Organ – Hammond-like tonewheel organ with rotary speaker.
- 8-band harmonic vocoder.
- DX-style 3-operator FM synthesizer.
- KSSynth – Karplus-Strong string modelling synth.
- SawSynth – Supersaw-type polysynth.
- Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine (20 effect types).
- Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb effects.
- Master section with parametric EQ and limiter.
- Song sequencer.
FL Studio Mobile
FL Studio Mobile is one of the most popular audio editing apps on Android. It comes with a full editor setup, plenty of effects, and tons of other features that you need. It supports MIDI controllers and Chromebooks. You can also save your projects in a variety of file formats. Its Instrument modules are included: Drum Sampler, DirectWave Sample Player, GMS (Groove Machine Synth), Transistor Bass, MiniSynth & SuperSaw and many more.
- Audio recording, track-length stem/wav import.
- Browse sample and presets with preview.
- Effects modules (see Included Content).
- Full-screen DeX & Chromebook Touch, Trackpad & Mouse support.
- High quality synthesizers, sampler, drum kits & sliced-loop beats.
- MIDI controller support (class compliant). Automation support..
- MIDI file import and Export (Single-track or Multi-track).
- Mixer: Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment.
- Piano roll: Edit notes or capture recorded performances.
- Save and load WAV, MP3, AAC*, FLAC, MIDI.
- Share your songs via Wi-Fi or Cloud to other Mobile 3 installations.
- Step sequencer.
- User interface configurable with all screen resolutions and sizes.
- Virtual piano-keyboard & Drumpads.
- Included DirectWave Instruments: Guitars, Keyboards, Orchestral, Synth, Bass, Synth Keyboards, Synth Leads, Synth Pads, Sliced, Drums, Drum Kits and Effects.
- Included SuperSaw Presets: Arps, Bass, Bells, SFX, Leads, Pads, Sequences, Synths.
- Included Drum Samples: Cymbals, Hats, Kicks, Snares, Toms, Percussion, Risers, SFX.
KORG Kaossilator for Android
KORG Kaossilator is a mobile synthesizer app for Android OS that lets anyone enjoy full-fledged instrumental performance simply by freely moving their finger across the touch panel. From electronic sounds to acoustic instruments and drums, you can play a wide range of sounds with a single finger. Also provided is a sequencer that’s indispensable for creating songs, so you can create tracks by recording and layering your performances.
- Perform using touch gestures: Kaossilator uses the unique X-Y interface. Create melodies and phrases simply by stroking, tapping, or rubbing the touch screen with your finger.
- 150 built-in sounds to perform and produce a wide range of dance music genres including EDM, Hip-Hop, House, Techno, Dubstep, Nu-Disco and Electro.
- Scale/Key feature eliminates any wrong notes: Choose from 35 different scales including chromatic, major, minor, and even blues scales.
- Loop sequencer for easy track-making and live performance: The built-in loop sequencer lets you layer up to five musical parts. By recording sounds such as synth, bass, chords, sound effects, and drums into each part, you can quickly complete original loop tracks.
n-Track Studio DAW – Music Production & Recording
n-Track Studio is the powerful, portable music-making app that turns your Android device into a complete Recording Studio & Beat Maker. You can record a virtually unlimited number of Audio, MIDI & Drum Tracks, mix them during playback and add effects: from Guitar Amps to VocalTune & Reverb. It is free but if you like it you can subscribe & unlock standard or advanced features.
- Stereo & Mono audio tracks.
- Step Sequencer Beat Maker.
- MIDI tracks with built-in Synths.
- Loop Browser & in-app Sample Packs.
- Virtually unlimited number of tracks (max 8 tracks without in-app purchases).
- Group & Aux channels.
- Piano-roll MIDI Editor.
- On-screen MIDI keyboard.
- EQ with 2D & 3D Spectrum analyzer + chromatic tuner.
- VocalTune* – pitch correction: automatically correct any pitch imperfections on vocals or melodic parts.
- Guitar & Bass Amp plugins.
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus & Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track & the master channel.
- Built-in Metronome.
- Import existing tracks.
- Automate track volumes & pan using volume and pan envelopes.
SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for Android. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with a lot of customization. Some features include support for up to 32-bit WAV files, multi-track WAV exporting, and tons of effects.
- Modular interface.
- Powerful microtonal sequencer.
- Highly optimized synth algorithms.
- Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
- Multitrack WAV export.
- MIDI import/export.
- USB MIDI IN/OUT (Android 6+).
- Mic/Line recording (using the Sampler).
- XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
- Generative music features a random selection of notes, random values of controllers, probability effects.
This best free DAW Android app and speed trainer app. It is used for solo and group music practice, teaching and live concerts. It is also used to keep a steady tempo during running, golf putting practice, dancing, and many other activities. The visual beat indicators help you to keep track of where you are in the bar and enable you to mute the metronome whilst still monitoring the tempo visually. You can also create your own custom sound settings or simply change the pitch to make Metronome Beats easier to hear over your instrument.
- Separate layout for larger devices
- Speed Trainer
- Select any tempo from 1 to 300 beats per minute.
- Don’t know how many beats per minute you need? Then use the tap tempo button to select a tempo.
- Option to keep the metronome playing when you exit allowing you to use it with other apps
- Set a timer to stop the metronome after a certain number of bars
- Displays Italian tempo markings – handy if you’re not sure how fast Vivace should be.
- Subdivide the beat with up to 16 clicks per beat – so you can practice the timing of your triplets.
- Choose whether to accent the first beat of the bar.
- Visual beat indication – mute the sound and use the visualisations to follow the beat.
- Your settings are saved automatically on exit – so you can carry on where you left off next time you play.
- Change the pitch of the sound to make the metronome easier to hear over your instrument.
FM Synthesizer provides multitouch dynamic keyboard, arpeggio, effects and 1024 built-in instrument patches. It uses Frequency Modulation, a lightweight method for generating complex harmonic waveforms by mixing or combining sine samples controlled by envelopes and LFO. It is able to produce analog style pads, emulate classic or modern instruments, or invent new and awesome crystalline sounds.
SynprezFM 2 is also a Yamaha DX7 emulator, that can render with accuracy the SysEx files you upload into an external storage directory setup by menu, in order to heighten the experience. You can also create and save your own patches, either by editing one of the (deliberately) unsorted built-in ones or starting from scratch with the ‘init voice’ function.
- Wireless Bluetooth MIDI support.
- “MIDI slave” support.
- Support for multiple MIDI keyboards.
- Finer volume and balance scale, wired on MIDI.
- “Scoped Media” storage mode, mandatory for Android 11.
- Peak indicator on VU-meters.
- Drop down menus with pseudo LCD.
- Output volume operating after the FX processor.
- Description of the device capabilities in the configuration page.
- Better MIDI traces to diagnose problems.
Saucillator transforms your mobile devices into a platform for creating and playing digital synthesizers. It uses the touchscreen to manipulate oscillators and effects, and it also allows for live-looping and recording. Users can play custom synthesizers using the x-y axes of the touchscreen. The x-axis corresponds to amplitude (volume) and the y-axis corresponds to frequency (pitch). Playback can also be looped, recorded, and EQed using a Parametric EQ. Saucillator helps to create their own custom synthesizers, which consist of a custom timbre and user-defined effects.
Mstudio: Cut, Join, Mix, Convert, Video to Audio
Mstudio is the most advanced & amazing audio editor. This gives you enhanced control and professional audio editor features with Mp3 cutter, Mp3 Player, Mp3 Merger, Mp3 Mixer, Mp3 Extractor, Change Tempo, Change Pitch, Mp3 Converter, Mp3 Mutter, Mp3 Omitter, Mp3 Splitter. You can cut the best part from music tracks and create some favourite tones and merge as many songs as you can with Mp3 Merger.
Furthermore, you can convert any video to an audio file in desired audio format and choose your audio setting like sample rate, channel, Bitrate, etc. Enjoy the best audio quality.
- Cut the best part from music tracks and create some favorite tones.
- Merge as many songs as you can with Mp3 Merger.
- Mix sound of two MP3s to create mashup or remix.
- Convert any video to an audio file in desired audio format.
- Easily convert from one format to another. It supports large number of formats.
- Change tempo (speed) of audio, Change Pitch rate of audio.
- Split any audio file into two parts.
Voice PRO – HQ Audio Editor
Voice PRO is the most complete and best audio editing app. You can record, edit, cut, adjust, eliminate disturbances, noises and insert background using any file. Also, you can add audio effects, change tempo and volume, unit or mix records of any format or quality.
- Record in more than 100 formats
- Insert in real-time a background using any file already present in your device. You can also download new ones from a library online.
- Insert tag to help you select, during the playback, the most interesting parts of your records.
- Use the Earphone to control the effect of the background during recording.
- Record in the background and at the same time utilize the device for other services.
- Visualize record info such as length, sample rate, dimensions, channels.
- Operate the playback both with an internal and external player.
- Restore the records and complete them.
- Mix or merge any record in all formats.
- Home screen widget.
- Mp3 bit rate change up to 320kbps.
- Sample rate up to 48000 HZ.
- Encoding at 8 and 16 bytes.
- Auto gain to reduce noises during recording.
- Convert to many formats (mp3, wav, FLAC, ogg)
- Remove vocals – Removes vocal portion or reduce the volume of vocal in the musical track & it depends on the audio file which you try. Try this feature with Music Tracks that have balanced music and Vocal sounds so that the app can identify & filter Vocals.
- Using app plugin convert records to texts.
Music Editor is an Audio Editor, MP3 Cutter, Ringtone Maker, Song Editor. With this audio editor app, you can cut out a certain part of the music as a ringtone, alarm tone, and notification tone. You can also merge multiple audio files into one, convert audio formats, convert video to audio, compress the quality of audio, and edit audio metadata, you can also change the volume level of the audio, and more. It has all the features that should be in an audio editing app.
- Trim Audio: Crop a part of the audio as a ringtone, alarm, and notification tone.
- Merge Audio: Connect multiple audio files into one.
- Convert Audio: Change one music format to another, such as AAC to MP3, M4A to MP3, MP3 to WAV and so on.
- My Creations: All processed audio files will be displayed here, you can re-edit, delete or share them.
- Mix Audio: You can mix two music into one, and you can also adjust the volume level of the music.
- Compress Audio: You can compress audio by changing the channel, sample rate and bit rate.
- Tag Editor: You can change the metadata of audio, such as title, album, composer, year, and cover.
- Split Audio: If you need to split audio into two parts, you can use this feature.
- Reverse Audio: Reverse the audio and plays it in reverse.
- Speed Editor: Edit audio speed, fast forward, slow down.
- Remove Part: Remove a part of the audio.
- Mute Part: Part of the audio can be muted.
- Volume Booster： You can change the volume level of audio.
Did this list help you find the best audio editing app and DAWs for Android? If I missed any great best audio editing apps, let me know in the comments box! Find this list useful, don’t forget to share it!
More App List from JustBrightMe
- Best Translation App for Android
- Best Document Scanner App for Android
- Best Photo Text Editor App for Android
- Best Phone Cleaner and Booster App for Android
- Best PDF eBook Reader App for Android
- Best Android App to Hide Photos and Videos
- Best App to Hide Apps Without Rooting
- Best App Lock for Android Phone
- Best Beauty Camera Apps for Android
Leave a Reply