Blogging is quite popular these days. This is a great way to share your experiences and talents with the world.
If you are using a smartphone for blogging and looking for the best blogging apps to manage your blog. You are at the right place.
However, there are a bunch of mobile blogging apps out there. But here I have listed 16 best apps for bloggers that can help in their blogging.
Best Mobile Blogging Apps (Every Blogger Should Have)
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform on the Internet used by millions of people worldwide. According to W3Techs web technologies surveys, WordPress powers 35% of all the websites on the Internet.
However, WordPress is free to download and use, but, you will have to spend some money on the domain name ($10 per year) and web host (start from 2.80$).
- How To Get Free Domain For Your Website
- Top 23 Best Domain Name Generators
- 8 Best WordPress Hosting to Start Blog
WordPress comes with great design, features and maintenance. It gives you full control over your blog. If you want to start a professional blog, then this is the right platform.
If you’re on a self-hosted WordPress.org platform and use Jetpack plugin then its mobile app allows you to perform many essential tasks such as creating, editing and publishing blog posts, moderating comments, checking on analytics data etc.
- Here’s the link to WordPress app for Android app
Blogger is a another popular blogging platform by Google. It allows to start a free blog in a few clicks. Most beginners who want to create a free blog usually start their blogging with the blogger platform.
If you have a blog on Blogger and looking to create your blog posts from your mobile, then you must try this app.
However, the functionality of this app is still very limited compared to the WordPress app but you can easily create or edit posts from your mobile using Blogger app.
Here’s the link to the Blogger Android app
Writer is a writing application that provides a distraction-free writing environment within your smartphone or tablet. It’s perfect for everything from taking notes to writing a novel on your phone or tablet.
Files currently stores in sdcard://Writer/. Future versions of Writer will allow you to select a custom directory, share documents through email, and synchronize your documents using Dropbox and Box.net
Here’s the link to the Writer Android app
You can use Google Docs to create, edit and share text documents with others through emails. Docs allow you to:
- Create new documents or edit existing files
- Share documents and collaborate in the same document at the same time
- Work anywhere, any time – even offline
- Add and respond to comments
- Never worry about losing your work – everything is saved automatically as you type
- Research directly in Docs with Explore
- Open, edit and save Word documents
Here’s the link to Google Docs for Android
Google Analytics is a free website analysis tool which is offered by Google. It tracks and reports your website traffic (top performing pages, total users, sessions, bounce rate, where are users coming from, how many new users and returning user, what do visitors like to read and so on).
Here are some of the useful features of this app:
- You can monitor your traffic in real-time.
- You can check sessions, bounce rates, new users and returning user.
- You can compare date ranges and apply segments.
- Gives an overview of your website traffic (including mobile, desktop users).
Here’s the link to Google Analytics Android app
Canva is one of my favourite apps for graphic designing. I always use this mobile app to create an image which makes it easy for me to create attractive images.
If you also want to create attractive images (featured image for blog posts), then Canva is the right image editing tool for you. You can make great pictures for your blog without using your laptop.
- You can use Canva to design anything (like YouTube video thumbnails, infographics, logos, featured image for your blog posts and more).
- You can access to over 60,000 free templates.
- You can use its free image editor to apply photo filters, change the brightness and more.
Here’s the link to Canva app for Android
Buffer is an extremely useful social media managing apps for bloggers and marketers. It allows you to publish your content on a variety of social network sites (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn).
If you want to connect and build readership on various social networks then Buffer app is just for you.
- You can schedule your social media posts in advance.
- You can analyze your social media posts (based on clicks, engagement etc.)
- With its basic free plan you can manage 3 social accounts and create 10 scheduled posts per day.
Here’s the link to Buffer app for Android
Pocket, formerly known as Read It later. This is a great way to save all the interesting things you find online so you can read later (even offline).
If you are a blogger and do a lot of research while writing articles… it is easy to forget what you research. So if you find something important for your article, you can use the Pocket App to read later.
Here’s the link to the Pocket app for Android
Evernote is the #1 note taking app and used by millions of people. You can capture notes in formats like text, photos, screenshots, image files, audio and more with Evernote.
And it syncs your notes and notebooks across your devices (laptop, smartphone or tablet) so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
You can upgrade to their premium versions to get more features such as:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
Here’s the link to Evernote app for Android
Quora is a question and answer website where questions are asked and answered by users. This helps you to drive traffic to your blog, grow your audience and connect with other users.
- You can ask a question and get answers.
- You can write answers by linking to your own blog posts.
- You can follow topics and space.
Here’s the link to Quora app for Android
Medium is an online publishing platform, anyone can write and publish a story or blog post. If you are a blogger, you can use Medium. This establishes a presence within your niche and makes some connections in the industry.
You can also import your content on Medium & drive more traffic. Now you may be thinking what about duplicate content?
They use the rel=canonical tag at the bottom of the import content which avoids duplicating your content.
Here’s the link to Medium app for Android
Grammarly Keyboard works with all apps and helps you write mistake-free content in your mobile device. It provides hundreds of checks and features, along with seamless integration. Furthermore, if you are sending an urgent email, message or necessary Facebook post, you can write with your phone with full confidence.
- Sophisticated grammar checker
- Contextual spelling checker
- Advanced punctuation correction
- Vocabulary enhancements
- See short, clear explanations for every correction
- Helps you understand your mistakes and avoid them in the future
Here’s the link to Grammarly Keyboard app for Android
It has over one million royalty free photos, illustrations and vector graphics and thousands of free video clips. And you can use them for free for commercial use (in your content), no attribution is required. The Pixabay mobile app includes the following features:
- Fast search and a user-friendly interface
- One-click image viewer – optimized with zooming and panning for smaller screens
- Directly download and share images in all sizes
- Allow you to messages and comments
- Images can be liked, favourited, and easily managed within the app
Here’s the link to Pixabay app for Android
Facebook Pages Manager
Facebook Pages Manager is the official app from Facebook, helps you to manage your post content, comments and ad campaigns in a single place easily.
- Easily reach your customers by creating and managing posts from a single place.
- View all messages, comments, and activity that need your attention.
- Keep track of your business’ performance by getting insights for your audience.
Here’s the link to Facebook Pages Manager for Android
LastPass Password Manager
LastPass is the world’s #1 password manager and password generator app. If you are looking for the best way to store your password in one place, then LastPass is the best app for you.
LastPass securely stores your passwords and personal information in a secure vault (everything is encrypted and safe). You just have to remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass will autofill logins. So, it’s an most essential mobile app for every blogger.
- You can use LastPass across all your devices, including phones, tablets, and personal computers, for free.
- With its free syncing, anything you save on one device is instantly available on all other devices.
- You can also store information like credit card numbers.
- Log in with your fingerprint for simple, secure access to everything in LastPass.
- Its multi-factor authentication adds a second layer of protection on your account.
Here’s the link to LastPass Password Manager for Android
IFTTT (if it, then that) connects you with favourite apps, services, and devices to create new, seamless experiences. It works with over 600 apps including Twitter, Telegram, Google Drive, Twitch etc.
- You can easily manage your social media.
- Back up and share your Android photos automatically.
- You can post all your Instagram photos as Twitter photos or Pinterest pins.
- Stay safe with automated and intelligent home security alerts.
Here’s the link to IFTTT for Android
These are some of the best blogging apps come into handy and help you manage your blogs easily.
What are your favourite blogging apps that everyone should use? Have I missed any of your best mobile blogging apps? Let me know in the comment box.
And now it’s your turn! Find this article helpful? Don’t forget to share!