Are you looking for the best camera apps for Android phones? Every smartphone these days comes with its own camera application. But if you want to replace the stock camera app? This article can help you in choosing the best Android camera app.
Every company tries to make their cameras more reliable, work better in low light, and add features that people want. Many users purchase any phone on the strength of the camera. Nowadays cameras are the most important on mobile devices.
There are many third-party best camera apps available in the market for android, which makes it a challenging task to choose a good camera app.
But I have worked hard for you in this guide and listed the best camera apps for Android.
Why choose a third-party Android camera app
Chances are, your smartphone already has great camera hardware, which allows a third-party camera app to unlock all the features like playing with exposure, ISO, and other manual controls.
Often, the stock camera app comes with limited features, and so you can always go with the third-party camera app to take better photos, like pro photographers. These apps can level up your photography skills.
Usually, stock cameras from Google, Samsung, and Huawei phones use AI and other software optimizations, which makes stock camera apps superior to third-party apps. Therefore, a third-party camera app may be useful in some scenarios. Here are the best camera apps for Android.
Best Camera Apps for Android
These apps can help you improve your photos. Here are my picks for the best camera apps for Android:
Google Camera is one of the best camera apps for Android phones. This camera software is specially designed for Pixel phones, there is no doubt that it is the best camera smartphone in the world.
Google Camera take fantastic pictures and videos using features such as Portrait, Night Sight, and the video stabilization modes.
But the latest version of Google Camera only works on Pixel phones running Android 11 and above. Some features are not available on all devices.
- HDR+ with dual exposure controls – Take pictures using HDR+ to capture fantastic photos, especially in low-light or backlit scenes.
- Night Sight – You’ll never want to use your flash again. Night Sight brings out all the best details and colors that get lost in the dark. You can even take photos of the Milky Way!
- Super Res Zoom – Super Res Zoom keeps your pictures sharp when you zoom in—without the blur.
- Top Shot – Pick the perfect moment with Top Shot. Automatically recommends the best pics, where no one is blinking and everything looks just right.
- Portrait – Add elegant background blur (bokeh) to pictures. Google Photos can also make the subject of your photo pop by leaving them in color, while changing the background to black and white.
- Long Shot – Take casual, quick videos by simply long-pressing the shutter key in the default camera mode.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a photo editor app. However, it also comes with a built-in camera app. It helps you capture stunning images.
Its camera is decent and includes features like HDR, RAW support, and various modes and presets. Also, provides manual camera controls if you need them.
- Improve light and color, apply photo filters for pictures, and more.
- Allow to crop and resize your photo.
- Remove almost anything from your photo with a touch of the Healing Brush.
- Provides presets that make your photo professional and photo editing faster.
- Its Group Albums allow you to invite others and collect everyone’s photos in one place.
Open Camera is one of the most popular free Camera apps for photographers. If you need every single advanced feature, you can go for it. It comes with auto-stabilization and manual control features. You get full control of exposure, white balance, ISO, and various other controls. The app’s UI interface is not the most modern, but work perfectly, and it’s easy to use.
Some features may not work on all devices, as they depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.
- Option to auto-level so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what.
- Expose your camera’s functionality: support for scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, a selfie with “screen flash”, HD video, and more.
- Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
- Option to take photo remotely by making a noise, or by voice command “cheese”.
- Configurable volume keys and user interface.
- Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
- Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
- Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
- Apply date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT).
- Panorama, including for front camera.
- Support for HDR (with auto-alignment and ghost removal) and Exposure Bracketing.
- Support for Camera2 API: manual controls (with optional focus assist); burst mode; RAW (DNG) files; slow-motion video; log profile video.
- Noise reduction (including low light night mode) and Dynamic range optimization modes.
- Options for on-screen histogram, zebra stripes, focus peaking.
- Focus bracketing mode.
- Completely free, and no third-party ads in the app (I only run third-party ads on the website).
ProCam X is a premium camera app that takes the best capture of your photo and even records your video in high resolution. This camera app turns your phone into a professional camera, with full control over exposure, focus, white balance, ISO, and another feature like a professional camera. It can take your mobile photography to the next level.
- Burst camera mode with configurable delay to create stop motion or create time-lapse video.
- Face detection / facial recognition.
- Front back HD camera pro selection.
- Professional camera HD features: Scene mode, focus mode, burst mode, color effects, white balance, and manual exposure lock, manual ISO.
- Choose to and 4k video quality and resolution.
- 4K camera recording (With optional audio recording) like az camera HD
- Option to turn off the shutter sound.
- GUI to change the orientation without any pause works in any direction.
- Adjustable volume keys (image to zoom receive or change the exposure compensation).
- Excellent like the best camera HD performance
- Remote control (optional audio countdown) timer (with configurable delay) automatic repeat mode.
- Customizable volume keys to perform quick operation like az camera
- DSLR camera feature to adjust shutter speed
- Manual Focus like DSLR HD camera
- DSLR camera feature to choose manual ISO
- Manual Exposure
- Interval Shot for time-lapse and stop motion
- Location targeting feature
- Remove with multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
- Option to lock the photo or 4k video in portrait or landscape orientation.
- 4K video recording on a supported device, turn your phone into 4k camera
- Realtime Photo Filter
- Photo Grid: 4K camera app, golden ratio line
- Disable the shutter sound / silent camera app when take photo or record 4k video
- Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging), photos and videos; For photos that compass direction contains.
- Date and time stamp on photos, location coordinates, and implements a custom text.
- (Some) external microphone support.
- Manual focusing distance; manual ISO
- pro camera exposure lock
- RAW (DNG) files on front az camera
- Manual ISO
- Flash mode feature
- Brightness / exposure setting
- Best camera for creating time-lapse or stop motion which required interval shooting
- Unlock az camera app capability to record at 4k camera on supported devices
Camera MX is one of the oldest and most popular camera apps. It is the best alternative for your default camera app. The app comes with a variety of shooting modes. It has an excellent GIF maker mode to make your own GIFs.
- Support of all resolutions and ratios your camera allows.
- Fine-tuned auto focus to make sure your photos come out crystal clear.
- Customizable JPEG Quality in the camera settings.
- Auto Optimization and HDR for high-quality photos even in low light situations.
- Pause your video recordings at any time and apply video cuts in real-time.
- Timelapse video recording to create epic fast motion videos.
- Apply filters and effects in real-time and even switch them while you are recording.
- Front and back camera support.
- Flash on/off/auto + torch light to brighten the scene permanently.
- Fast camera zoom with pinch finger gestures.
- Disable the shutter sound.
- Optional GPS setting to save your current location (latitude and longitude) to the EXIF metadata.
- Timer for delayed shots.
- Gridlines for better photo compositions.
- Change the exposure value to brighten/darken your photos.
- Selfie display flashes to take the best possible selfies even in low light situations.
- Lock focus and exposure with a long touch.
- Turn your camera in a high-speed burst camera and browse sequence shots of the seconds before you pulled the trigger.
- Hand-picked selection of beautiful camera filters
- Kaleidoscope camera effect creates stunning photos and videos
- Mirror camera effects for fun selfies
- Pencil and sketch drawing effects
- Color Splash effect that highlights a single custom color
- Little Planet effect morphs the scene into a tiny planet
Adobe Photoshop Camera is technically a photo editor and not a camera app. However, it also provides a camera app. It is packed with fun and amazing AI-powered features. The filters library includes Portrait, Bloom, Pop Art, Spectrum, Desync, Food, Scenery, Natural Skies, Analog, Night Shift, Dreamcatcher, Supersize, Double Expo, and more. Its Quick auto-tone fixes and portrait controls create high-quality photos and make a blur background.
- Take a better picture with the magic of Photoshop and AI-powered picture editing.
- Photoshop Camera gets “real life” right with no more extreme differences between areas of brightness and shadow for enhanced picture editing.
- Pick your shot and Photoshop Camera does the rest. It knows which photo effects to apply to get the best result, so there’s no more fuss when it comes to the right lighting and focus.
- The Face Light feature in Photoshop Camera optimizes for lighting, eliminating the appearance of any sharp shadows and creating the perfect portrait. For group selfies, Photoshop Camera recognizes where each subject is positioned so there’s no more distortion. And the Bokeh (blur background) feature makes it easy to quickly apply blurring effects and enhance portrait quality.
- See yourself through the eyes of your favorite creators by using their aesthetic, custom-designed camera lenses. New seasonal lens options and effects are added all the time, so there’s always something fun to discover.
Cymera is one of the older and popular free camera apps. This app focuses more on selfies. It has a bunch of filters, stickers, special effects, and also has a beauty camera mode. This camera app comes with an excellent UI.
- Real-time Selfie Filters.
- DSLR Blur Effect.
- Selfie filter & beauty makeup tool.
- Collage Maker & Poster tool.
- nsta 1:1 square & blur background for Instagram.
- Add Beautiful Smile.
- Smaller & V-shaped face.
- Body and Face Editor.
- Vintage, Natural, Neon, Lomo, Film, Sketch, Fisheye and more.
- Skin Glow tool.
- Perfect instant selfies with +150 filters.
- MEME editor.
- Adjust brightness, contrast, color temperature and saturation.
- Import Directly From Google Photos.
- Professional beauty tools for your skin makeup, slim or face reshape, remove wrinkles, erase face pimples and dark circles.
- Hundreds of amazing beauty filters and makeup effects.
Camera Zoom FX is another great camera app for mobile photographers. This camera supports Camera2 manual controls which means it works much better than stock cameras like, action shots, photo composition, collage, photo filters, and more. You can change the UI of the app to fit your needs.
the app has a ton of camera options: you can manually set ISO, focus distance, shutter speed, and exposure.
- Full manual DSLR controls using Camera API2!
- RAW capture (supported devices)
- Set ISO, focus distance, exposure, shutter speed
- Faster, more powerful professional camera!!
- Combine shooting modes, e.g. timer + hdr, stable + timelapse!
- Specify button order in UX!
- Fastest camera on Android
- Killer speed burst mode!
- RAW capture (supported devices)
- Manual controls, ISO, shutter speed, focus distance (supported devices)
- Set actions for hardware buttons, e.g. volume to control zoom
- Best Photo Mode! Select your favorite of many photos!
- Stable Shot for better pics!
- Voice Activated
- Collage Maker
- Time Lapse
- HDR Mode Pro
- 100s of effects: Vignette, Retro, Holga, Bokeh, lomo, hipster!
- Tap anywhere to shoot
- Silent camera mode
- Grid overlays
- 360 Horizon level
- Multiple flash modes
- Live effects
- Scene modes, e.g. night
- Selfie flash
- Link to video app
- Widget for your photos
- Custom folders, including external storage
- Collage: e.g. 2×2 selfie shots
- Tilt-shift filter
A Better Camera App works fine and comes with useful features that should be in the best camera app. It has HDR mode and other manual controls.
- HDR: bright colors and rich detail, the pictures look like a professional camera shot.
- Panorama: up to 360 degrees to 100 MPix.
- Multishot: Group portrait, Sequence shot, Removing unwanted objects with one click.
- Night mode.
- Video recording + pause.
- Video and photo time lapse.
- Pre-shot: pictures are taken before pressing.
- Burst and Expo-bracketing.
- Different kinds of focusing.
- ISO option.
- RAW capture (Nexus 5 with Android 5 currently).
- Focus and expo metering by separate points.
- Manual controls (focus and shutter speed priority) available for Nexus 5, 6 and LG Flex 2.
- Full access to all Camera controls, settings and functions.
Bacon Camera comes with manual controls for devices that do not support Google’s Camera2 API. With this camera app you will be able to see how powerful your camera module is and is optimized with all possible features. It offers control over basic camera parameters such as colour balancing, effects, and scenes, together with useful tools for your shots.
- Full Manual Focus.
- Full Manual White Balance.
- Full Manual Exposure Compensation.
- Full Manual Exposure Time.
- Bayer RAW and DNG support.
- Live Histogram both RGB and Luminance.
- Timed Shots, a true intervalometer for amazing time-lapses.
- Unique Multi Exposure algorithm with max resolution.
Camera FV-5 is a professional camera application for mobile devices that puts DSLR-like manual controls at your fingertips. With this camera application, you can capture the best raw photographs. You get full manual control over all photographic parameters.
- All photographic parameters are adjustable: exposure compensation, ISO, light metering mode, focus mode, white balance and program mode.
- DSLR-like viewfinder display: see exposure time, aperture and stops display with EV and bracketing settings, in real-time.
- Full fledged exposure bracketing: from 3 to 7 frames, unlimited stops spacing, plus custom EV shifting.
- Built-in intervalometer: make stunning timelapses (even bracketed/HDR timelapses) and time-controlled picture series.
- Manual shutter speed: from 1/80000 to 2″, or the range available on your device.
- Long exposure support: take beautiful night photos and light trails with long exposure times up to 30 seconds.
- Autofocus, macro, touch-to-focus, true manual focus* and infinity focus modes. Autofocus lock feature (AF-L).
- Auto Exposure (AE-L) and auto white balance (AWB-L) locks.
- Digital zoom using multitouch pinch gesture.
FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced cinema video camera for mobiles. FiLMiC Pro features cutting-edge capabilities and is the most responsive manual filming app. It provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve.
- Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure.
- Live analytics suite including Zebras, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking.
- 10-bit support for compatible handsets.
- Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use (adapters required).
- Ramped zoom rocker.
- Waveform monitor with tri-mode histogram.
- White balance adjustment matrix with custom presets.
- Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3.
- Live shadow and highlight controls.
- Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls.
HedgeCam 2 is an open-source Open Camera app. It includes a bunch of manual controls, HDR and DRO (dynamic range optimization) photo modes, various customization elements (like turning off the shutter sound), and even things like face detection support.
- Flexible photo and video settings.
- Support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO and exposure compensation.
- Customizable user interface.
- Advanced selfie mode. Start shooting by timer, face recognition, or voice commands.
- Control by hardware keys. Separate settings for each key.
- Display the angle of the device.
- Support for exposure bracket.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) and DRO (Dynamic Range Optimization) photo modes.
- Widgets that allow you to take a single click to take a photo or start recording a video.
- Support for Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; manual white balance temperature; * RAW (DNG) files support.
Pixtica is a feature-packed all-in-one camera app with photo and video editors, a comprehensive gallery, and many creative tools. Its intuitive design helps you take the perfect photos and videos easily.
- Filters, stickers and textures – From professional filters to fish-eye lenses, and even animated stickers.
- Manual Controls – If your device has manual controls capabilities, then you can now unleash the full power of your camera at a pro-grade level like a DSLR, and intuitively adjust the ISO, shutter speed, focus, exposure, and white balance.
- Portrait mode – Take photos with a blurred background, or use the portrait editor to apply blur areas to any photo. You can also change the photo’s background, or even remove it with a stage-light effect.
- HDR – Take beautiful HDR photos with multiple presets.
- GIF Recorder – Create GIF animations with different capture modes for unique loops.
- Time-Lapse and Hyperlapse – Record accelerated events using time lapse motion.
- Slow Motion – Record videos in epic slow motion. (When the device supports it).
- Document Scanner – Scan any type of document to JPEG or even PDF.
- RAW – Shoot photos in RAW format like a pro. (When the device supports it).
- Video Editor – Retouch your videos with animated stickers, duration trimming, and other adjustments.
- Photo Editor – Give a creative touch to your photos with filters, a large selection of stickers, and even a drawing tool for easy sketching.
ProCam X will turn your phone into a professional camera with full control over exposure, focus, white balance, ISO and other features, which can take your mobile photography to the next level.
- Control exposure (lock / adjust value).
- Control white balance.
- Manual ISO.
- Manual focus.
- Manual shutter speed.
- Burst shooting mode.
- Set a custom video bit rate.
- Realtime filter / color effect.
- Anti Shake.
- 4K camera recording (With optional audio recording).
Snap Camera lets you take pictures and record video with a single click, no cluttered preview screen. Its HDR feature lets you take pictures of scenes with very dark and very light areas. The app takes multiple photos at different exposures and combines them to make one HDR photo. The app can optionally save the original exposures and open an HDR editor.
- Colour and Contrast (if supported by the hardware).
- Burst Mode
- Self Timer
- Stable Shot
- Panorama mode
- Flash mode
- Grid lines
- Fast picture mode
- Time Lapse
- Still and Video Focus Modes
- Scene Detection
- Video Bitrate, Format and Codec
- Audio Settings
VSCO is a popular and powerful camera app and photo editor app. It has a variety of filters, effects, and settings. It takes your photography to the next level with 10 free VSCO presets. Easily import and edit your RAW photos. Use editing tools like Contrast and Saturation to make your photos pop or use Grain and Fade to add texture and mimic analogue film effects.
Camera360 is the most popular beauty camera app. It’s one of the best selfie camera apps for free and a makeup photo editor. with camera filters and makeup effects, you can take the perfect selfie.
- Motion Sticker + Funny Sticker.
- Auto Beauty Cam and Makeup Selfie Camera.
- Real-Time Camera Filters and Effects.
- PIP Collage and Pro Editing.
- Real-time makeup camera and auto beauty cam.
Snapchat is a very popular app that offers chatting features along with a camera. It provides a lot of effects and filters to make your photo beautiful and funny. It adds a new lens or filter to your photo every day.
- Add a Lens or Filter to your photo – new ones are added every day.
- Create your own Filters to add to photos and videos.
- You can chat with your friends.
- Video chat with up to 16 friends at once.
- Provides free cloud storage.
Footej Camera 2 is a fascinating, user-friendly and robust camera app. It is a feature-packed Android camera app that offers a variety of shot modes and settings on the free version. The app provides manual ISO control, focus settings, shutter speed controls, and the ability to set focus and exposure.
- Simple and bloat-free user interface
- Amazing Photo and Video quality
- Utilizes Android’s camera 2 API (on devices that supports the API)
- Focus and exposure from different areas (if supported by device)
- Integrated Gallery and Slider
- Burst mode
- Animated GIFs
- Video slow-motion recording
- Manual ISO, Focus, Shutter Speed control (if supported by device)
- RAW format (if supported by device)
- Snapshot during video recording
- Selfie Light
- Panorama mode (if supported by device)
- HDR+ (Pixel 2 devices)
- High frame rate recording (if supported by device)
ProShot camera comes with Auto mode and manual camera controls. You can customize aspect ratios, JPEG compression levels, save RAW files, or fire off timed shots, burst shots or timelapse videos.
- Auto, Program, Manual, and two fully configurable Custom modes, just like a DSLR*
- Manual, semi-manual, or automatic control over exposure, flash, focus, ISO, shutter speed, torch, and white balance*
- Shoot in JPEG, RAW or RAW + JPEG* (RAW = .DNG file)
- Light Painting mode with infinite shutter and live preview. Watch as your photos develop right before your eyes!
- Shoot full resolution in 16:9, 4:3, and 1:1
- Custom Aspect Ratio Mode: shoot in any aspect ratio you want, 21:9, 17:10, 50:3, it’s all possible!
- Timelapse mode with full manual controls
- Zero-lag bracket exposure up to ±3, in 1/3 stop increments*
- Auto ISO option, turns Manual mode into Shutter Priority*
- Manual focus assist*
- Live histogram
- Front-facing camera with exposure control
- Zoom with just one finger
- Fully featured Camera Roll integrated into the viewfinder. View EXIF, support for video playback, media sharing, and delete
- Level with 2 different modes
- Adjust JPEG quality, Noise Reduction quality, photo location
ProCapture adds advanced features. Multiple advanced camera shooting modes are supported: Timer, Burst, Reduced Noise, Wide Shot and Panorama. It gives users as much control over photo capture as possible: Controls for focus settings, white balance, exposure and other fine-tuning options.
- Simple UI with easy access to all camera features.
- Panorama mode.
- Wide Shot mode.
- Reduced Noise mode.
- Camera composition aids: grid and Fibonacci spiral.
- Real-time on-screen histogram.
- Configure volume buttons for zoom or photo capture.
Did this list help you find the best camera apps for Android? If I missed any best Android camera apps, let me know in the comments box! Find this list useful, don’t forget to share it!
You May Also Like:
- Best VPN App for Android
- Top 18 Best Video Editing App for Android
- Top 10 Best Launcher for Android Phones
- The Best Sticker Maker App for Android 2021
- Top 10 Best Security Apps for Android Phone
- 9 Best Voice Recorder Apps for Android
- 9 Best Screen Recorder Apps For Android
- 8 Best File Transfer Apps for Android to PC
- 12 Best Photo Recovery Apps for Android