Are you looking for the best calculator app for Android? Every smartphone comes with its own calculator app. But if you want to replace the default calculator app that doesn’t meet your needs? This article can help you in choosing the best calculator app.
There are many third-party calculator apps available in the market for Android, which makes it a challenging task to choose a good calculator app. But I have worked hard for you in this guide and listed the best calculator apps for Android.
Brief Descriptions of The Content
Best Calculator Apps for Android
Everybody needs a calculator, no matter what you study or do for work, you probably use a calculator to perform certain tasks on a daily basis.
Although your Android phone has a built-in calculator app that is capable of performing basic tasks, sometimes you need to solve specific math problems that are outside the capability of the default app. Here are the best calculator apps for Android that you should give a try.
If you are looking for a simple alternative calculator app, then this calculator app is for you. It provides simple and advanced mathematical functions in a beautiful interface. This calculator app is completely free and has no annoying ads in it. The app gives a much faster and smoother feel than your built-in calculator.
- Give clean and simple interface.
- Perform basic calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Scientific operations such as trigonometric, logarithmic, and exponential functions.
Calculator++ is a multipurpose calculator app with a slick and intuitive user interface. The app offers two different modes – Simple and Engineered. You can use it based on your own needs.
- Calculator ++ has two layouts: standard and engineer. Choose one which suits you best.
- Set theme you like.
- Add home screen widget.
- Calculator++ can work in a separate window floating over other applications on your phone.
- Calculate percentages, square roots, powers, trigonometric functions.
- Use built-in functions or add your own.
- Do calculations with fractions and simplify expressions.
- Do calculations with complex numbers.
- You don’t need to press = anymore – result is calculated automatically.
Desmos Graphing Calculator
Desmos Graphing Calculator is the best choice for those who are looking for an app with extensive graphing capabilities. The app doesn’t provide a basic calculator mode. The calculator can instantly plot any equation, from lines and parabolas up through derivatives and Fourier series. Sliders make it a breeze to demonstrate function transformations.
- Graphing: Plot polar, cartesian, or parametric graphs. There’s no limit to how many expressions you can graph at one time – and you don’t even need to enter expressions in y= form.
- Sliders: Adjust values interactively to build intuition, or animate any parameter to visualize its effect on the graph.
- Tables: Input and plot data, or create an input-output table for any function.
- Statistics: Find best-fit lines, parabolas, and more.
- Zooming: Scale the axes independently or at the same time with the pinch of two fingers, or edit the window size manually to get the perfect window.
- Points of Interest: Touch a curve to show maximums, minimums, and points of intersection. Tap the gray points of interest to see their coordinates. Hold and drag along a curve to see the coordinates change under your finger.
- Scientific Calculator: Just type in any equation you want to solve and Desmos will show you the answer. It can handle square roots, logs, absolute value, and more.
RealCalc Scientific Calculator
RealCalc Scientific Calculator is Android’s most popular scientific calculator. It has all the standard scientific functions plus history, memories, unit conversions and constants. You can choose from a number of display styles and formats. It also supports binary, octal and hexadecimal calculations and has an optional RPN mode.
If you like RealCalc, the pro version RealCalc Plus has lots of extra features including fractions, degrees/minutes/seconds, customizable conversions and constants, landscape mode, a home-screen widget, a 12-digit display and greater internal precision.
- Traditional algebraic or RPN operation.
- Unit conversions.
- Physical constants table.
- Result history.
- 10 memories.
- Binary, octal, and hexadecimal (can be enabled in Settings).
- Trig functions in degrees, radians or grads.
- Scientific, engineering and fixed-point display modes.
- 7-segment, dot-matrix or standard font display.
- Configurable digit grouping and decimal point.
- External keyboard support.
ClevCalc – Calculator
This free calculator app allows you to easily handle all the calculations for every day. It has different calculator modes: Calculator ( + Scientific Calculator ), Unit Converter, Currency Converter, Percentage Calculator, Discount Calculator, Loan Calculator, GPA Calculator, Sales Tax Calculator, Health Calculator and more.
- Supports the four fundamental arithmetic operations, square, root, parentheses and percentage operations.
- Supports scientific operations such as trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Supports length, weight, width, volume, time, temperature, pressure, speed, fuel efficiency, and the amount of data.
- Supports 135 currencies in the world, including dollar, euro, yen, yuan, etc. Automatically calculates using the real time exchange rate.
- You can easily calculate the percentage increase or decrease.
- You can also calculate what percentage one number is of another.
- Get a discount price by entering the original price and the discount rate.
- You can calculate the total interest and total payments by entering the loan principal and interest rate.
- A feature that calculates the specific date or anniversary to be remembered.
- You can measure the body mass index (BMI) and the basal metabolic rate (BMR).
- You can correctly calculate your GPA.
- Converts between decimal and hexadecimal with ease and convenience.
- If you enter deposit amount, interest rate and time period, the interest after tax and final savings balance will be calculated.
- Get a total price by entering the original price and the tax rate.
This calculator app includes the complete package of financial calculators. You can use the financial calculator to track expenses, find your loan interest, calculate the amount of taxes and much more.
- TVM Calculator
- Percentage Calculator
- Unit Conversion
- Currency Converter
- Compound Interest Calculator
- Return On Investment (ROI) Calculator
- IRR NPV Calculator
- MIRR Calculator
- Bond Calculator
- Tax Equivalent Yield Calculator
- Rule of 72 Calculator
- Loan/Mortgage Calculators
- APR Calculator
- Simple Loan Calculator
- Loan Analysis Calculator
- Retirement Calculators
- Stock Return Calculator
- Stock Constant Growth Calculator
- Stock Non-constant Growth Calculator
- Credit Card Payoff Calculator
- Expected Return Calculator
- Holding Period Return Calculator
- Pivot Point Calculator
- and many more.
HiPER Scientific Calculator
HiPER Scientific Calculator is a popular calculator app. The calculator has up to 100 digits of significand and 9 digits of exponent. You can write expressions in a natural way and watch your calculations. The result is displayed as a number, simplified expression etc. The calculator has several layouts suitable for various screen sizes: “pocket” for small devices, “compact” for smartphones (in portrait and landscape orientation), “expanded” for tablets.
- Basic arithmetic operations including percentage, modulo and negation.
- Fractions (In the expression mode any expression including nested fractions can be entered as a numerator and a denominator).
- Mixed numbers.
- Periodic numbers and their conversion to fractions.
- Unlimited number of braces.
- Derivatives and Integrals.
- Graphs of functions and integral area, 3d graphs.
- Calculation details – extended information about a calculation like all complex roots, unit circle etc.
- Conversion between rectangular and polar coordinates.
- Trigonometric and hyperbolic functions.
- Powers, roots, logarithms, etc.
- Degrees, minutes and seconds conversion.
- Conversion among 250 units.
Photomath is a calculator app with a pretty specific function using your smartphone’s camera. It supports algebra, trigonometry, derivatives, integrals, logarithms and more.
- Word problem explanations.
- Step-by-step explanations for every solution.
- Exclusive how-to animations.
- Scroll through multiple solving methods per problem.
- Multi-functional scientific calculator.
- Interactive graphs.
- Basic Math/Pre-Algebra: arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimal numbers, powers, roots, factors.
- Algebra: linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphing, polynomials.
- Geometry (specific textbooks only).
- Trigonometry/Precalculus: identities, conic sections, vectors, sequences and series, logarithmic functions.
- Calculus: limits, derivatives, integrals, curve sketching.
- Statistics: combinations, factorials.
Stylish Calculator Free – CALCU™
If you are looking for a stylish calculator app. This app is for you. It is used for daily calculation with all scientific capabilities. The app offers all the regular and scientific calculator functions in a simple, stylish and easy-to-use app.
- Beautiful and intuitive interface with gesture based control and navigation.
- See instant results of your calculations as you enter them.
- Swipe up on the keypad to reveal the scientific keypad.
- Swipe down on the display to see the calculation history.
- Support for Samsung Multi Window.
- Show memory keys option.
- Swipe up on the scientific keypad to customize it.
- Create user-defined constants.
- Choose between simple and full keypad layout.
- Choose from a range of stylish themes.
CalcKit: All-In-One Calculator
CalcKit is a simple but powerful collection of calculators and converters for math, electronics, finance, and more. It helps you solve all kinds of everyday problems. You can perform from simple calculations to unit and currency conversions, percentages, proportions, areas, volumes, etc… it does it all.
- Instant results
- Copy and paste support
- Customizable scientific keypad
- Editable input & cursor
- Memory buttons
- Advanced calculation history
- Floating calculator widget
- Algebra, Geometry, Electronics, Finance, Unit Converters & Misc.
- Currency converter with 180 currencies and crypto, available offline.
- Custom tools builder for creating your own calculators.
- Percentage calculator.
- Proportion calculator.
- Average calculator – arithmetic, geometric and harmonic means.
- Resistor color code – up to 6 bands.
- Inductor color code.
- LED resistor calculator.
- Series and parallel components – resistors, capacitors, inductors.
- And more.
Calc: Smart Calculator
Calc is a smart calculator app. Its interface is user-friendly with a flat style and beautiful themes. It displays each calculation on one line. You can take a look at all of your calculations.
- Designed user-friendly with a flat style, and more beautiful themes.
- Display each calculation on one line.
- Reuse the previous result for continuing to calculate.
- Allow editing numbers and operators when you input incorrect them at any position.
- Share the calculation ’s history for your friend easily, or store it with some note-taking apps.
- Store calculation history for continuing to calculate later.
- More themes are suitable for your interests. (Material design, Android L Theme…).
Calculator Plus is a perfect calculator for Android. It is easy to use and beautifully designed. It lets you do calculations while shopping, doing homework, balancing chequebooks, or even calculating taxes.
- Remember everything, so you can take a break, then come back later and pick up where you left off.
- Show your calculations in a clear, elegant type that’s easy to read.
- You can use backspace anytime to correct a simple mistake, instead of starting over.
- Use memory to keep a running total you can actually see.
- Swipe memory keys aside for advanced math functions.
- Full support for Samsung Multi-Window – true multitasking for your Galaxy device.
HiEdu Scientific Calculator
HiEdu Scientific Calculator app provides a variety of problems including arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, complex, matrix, vector and other topics using an advanced AI-powered math solver. Simply input a problem on the app. HiEdu Scientific Calculator problem solver instantly recognizes the problem and helps you to solve it with step-by-step explanations.
- It is a scientific calculator app that supports most of the features of real calculators: calculator for fractions, calculator algebra, calculator derivative, calculate integral, calculate differential, calculator square root and more.
- Interactive Step-by-Step explanation & Graphing calculator.
- Create favorite calculations that make calculations faster.
- Save history, select a calculation in list history and edit it.
- Income Tax Calculator : income tax personal, income tax calculation, sales tax calculator, tax return calculator.
- Complex number calculation.
- Matrix calculator.
- Vector calculation.
- Graphing calculator.
- Solve quadratic equations
- Solve cubic equations.
- Solve inequalities.
- Solve the system of equations.
- Currency conversion.
- Length converter.
- Pressure converter.
- This app has 1000+ math formulas and more to come.
Division calculator is easy to use. This calculator app helps you in long division, long multiplication, addition & subtraction. It supports division with reminders, long division and even repeating decimals.
- Long division.
- Long multiplication.
- Operations history stores up to 1000 entries. You can always see yesterday’s calculations.
- Long subtraction.
- Long addition.
Fraction Calculator Plus
Fraction Calculator Plus is your best way to deal with everyday fraction problems or even more complex woodworking calculations.
- Calculations for your craft or even construction project and more.
- Calculations appear in crisp type that you can read at a glance and from a distance.
- Innovative triple keypad display lets you type extra fast and enter mixed numbers like 3 3/4 with only 3 taps.
- Every fraction result is automatically reduced to its simplest form providing prompt and clear answers.
- Every result is also converted to a decimal number to have both values at hand.
- Step-by-step explanations help get a deeper understanding of the calculation process.
- The integrated decimal calculator allows solving problems containing either fractions or decimals or both.
- Calculator memory (M+, M- etc.) would be useful if you need to do a bunch of individual calculations and add or subtract their results.
It’s a free, complete and easy-to-use multi calculator & converter. The app is designed with simplicity in mind, it helps you solve everyday problems: From simple or complex calculations to unit and currency conversions, percentages, proportions, areas, volumes, etc… it does it all.
- Use it for simple or complex calculations.
- Convert units or currencies.
- Step by step solutions to your calculations.
- Simple or Scientific layout.
- Calculation history.
- Floating calculator.
Percentage Calculator is a great app when it comes to calculating percentages, such as percentage change, loan interest, and what to tip your server. This calculator apps includes all kinds of percentage calculations for you.
- Simple Percentage Calculator (5 Percent of 40 Is 2).
- Percentage increase/decrease (5 percent decrease from 40 is 38)
- Tip Calculator.
- Discount Calculator.
- Convert Fractions to Percentages (5 / 20 Is the Same as 25 Percent).
- Markup calculator.
- Profit margin calculator.
- Sales tax
- Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR).
- And many more.
Did this list help you find the best calculator apps for Android? If I missed any best Android calculator apps, let me know in the comments box! Find this list useful, don’t forget to share it!
You may also like:
- The Best Apps to Learn Hindi for Android
- 5 Best English to Hindi Dictionary App for Android
- 9 Best App to Learn English Grammar
- 10 Best Android Apps to Learn English Speaking
- 7 Best Office App for Android
- 7 Best Spreadsheet Apps for Android
- 12 Best Photo Recovery Apps for Android
- 10 Best Apps to Hide Photos and Videos on Android
gaurav rawat says
Thanks for the information. It helps me lot.