Are you looking for the best hurricane tracker app for Android?
Hurricanes are the worst time for beach dwellers. It is a fairly common occurrence for some areas. Although hurricanes are known by a few different names, they are all the same type of storm with heavy winds, heavy rain. If you’re on the way, hopefully, this hurricane tracker app can help keep you safe.
Here I have compiled a list of the best hurricane tracker app for Android that you can try out.
- 15 Best Free Apps to Add Text to Photos
- The Best Sticker Maker App for Android
- 10 Best Phone Cleaner App for Android
- 8 Best video player apps for Android
- 9 Best Call Recording App for Android
- 11 Best Music Streaming Apps for Android
- 12 Best Photo Recovery Apps for Android
- 9 Best Voice Recorder Apps for Android
- 22 Best Camera Apps for Android
Best Hurricane Tracker App for Android
Check here for the best hurricane tracker apps:
Windy (also known as Windyty) is a fast, intuitive, detailed and most accurate weather app. Whether you are tracking a tropical storm or potential severe weather, planning a trip, or you just need to know if it will rain this weekend, Windy provides you with the most up-to-date weather forecast around.
- All leading weather forecast models: ECMWF, GFS by NOAA,
- Several local weather models NEMS, ICON, Arome and NAM
- High-Res satellite composite
- Forecast model comparison
- +40 global weather maps
- Weather radar for many world locations
- 16 altitude levels from the surface to 13.5km/FL450
- Metric or imperial units
- Detailed weather forecast for any location (temperature, rain and snow accumulation, wind speed, wind gusts and wind direction)
- Detailed Airgram and Meteogram
- Meteogram: temperature and dew point, wind speed and wind gusts, pressure, precipitation, altitude cloud cover
- Altitude and Time zone info, Sunrise and Sunset time for any location
- Customizable list of Favorite spots (with the option to create e-mail Alerts for upcoming weather conditions)
- Nearby weather stations (Real-time observed weather – Reported wind direction, wind speed and temperature)
- 50k+ Airports searchable by ICAO and IATA, including runway info, decoded & raw METARs, TAF and NOTAMs
- 1500+ Paragliding spots
- Detailed wind and wave forecast for any kiting or surfing spot
- Tide forecast
1Weather is the best weather app. You can get Hurricane Alerts, Snowstorm Tracker, Rain Forecasts, Today’s Temperature and 10 days Forecast with 25+ Live Radar Maps. You can see where the storm is and where it is headed. If you really need a good and advanced storm tracker app, then 1Weather is the best app.
- 10 Days Weather Forecast.
- 48 hours Detailed Temperature and Rain Forecast.
- 25+ Live Radar Maps.
- 10+ Beautiful Customizable Widgets for Home Screen.
- 1Weather Shorts: Weather News and Facts.
- 1Weather TV: Local Forecast Videos.
- Trending Weather Updates: Hurricane, Snowstorm, Flood, Fires and more.
- Air Quality Index (AQI): Pollution, Pollen, Health Information and more.
- Hyperlocal Severe Weather Warning: Safety Alerts in Real Time.
- Sun and Moon Tracker.
- Track Humidity, Dew Point, UV Rating, Visibility, Atmospheric Pressure and Wind Speed.
MyRadar is a fast, easy-to-use, and powerful weather app that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated live radar. This basic functionality provides the quickest way to get a fast snapshot of the weather.
- Displays animated weather radar around your current location.
- It has the ability to send weather and environmental alerts, including alerts from the National Weather Center.
- It is the ability to provide advanced rain alerts.
- Sends you alerts up to an hour in advance of when it will rain at your current location.
- All of the weather and environmental data represented on MyRadar is displayed on our custom mapping system, developed in-house. This mapping system uses your devices GPU, which makes it incredibly fast and speedy.
- Provides pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan.
The Weather Channel is a great app for weather info. Its snow radar, rain alerts and severe weather warnings can help prepare you for snowstorms and heavy rain. Live doppler radar maps, severe weather widgets, and accurate weather updates can warn you ahead of time of heavy rain, incoming floods, cold snaps, or heavy snow.
- Local weather radar: Snow & rain tracker.
- Winter storm tracker & live radar lets you follow weather patterns.
- Storm radar makes tracking snow & rain easy throughout winter storms.
- Local radar updates, severe weather alerts in your area, & forecast readings for the next three hours – all on your home screen.
- Forecasts includes information on sunset times, allergies, flu & pollen forecasts.
- Winter weather news to keep you updated.
The FEMA App provides timely alerts and useful information to help you stay safe before, during and after disasters. Receive and share real-time notifications about disasters, severe weather, and other emergencies for up to five locations nationwide. This simple and easy-to-use resource also provides safety information, emergency preparedness tips, and disaster assistance.
- Receive emergency alerts for up to five locations nationwide.
- Share real-time notifications with loved ones via text, email and social media.
- Know what to do before, during, and after disasters, like earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, snowstorms, tornadoes, volcanoes, and more.
- Prepare for disasters with an emergency kit checklist, emergency family plan, and reminders.
- Locate open emergency shelters in your area.
- Locate Disaster Recovery Centers near you where you can talk to a FEMA representative in person.
- Connect with FEMA to apply for disaster assistance online.
- Safety tips and disaster information available in English and Spanish (Note: alerts are only available in English).
My Hurricane Tracker gives you the most comprehensive tool for tracking tornadoes, cyclones, tropical storms and weather warnings. Hurricane is tracked in a beautiful interface. These apps give you exactly what you need in an easy to understand way.
- Interactive tracking maps for each hurricane.
- NOAA forecast map & storm satellite imagery where available.
- Historic search of previous storms from 1851 (or 1949 for Pacific).
- Receive weather warnings from the National Weather Service.
- Push notifications for weather warnings or when new storm formations are detected.
- Radar, satellite and sea temperature images automatically updated in the app.
- See an outlook for the next 5 days from the NOAA.
- Track specific hurricanes and receive notifications every time they are updated just by pressing the notify button.
SeaStorm allows you to keep track of the tropical storm and hurricane activity in the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific basins. Get quick access to what you need to stay informed during hurricane season.
- Quick overview of active hurricanes, tropical storms, depressions, and other cyclones.
- Per-storm advisory & discussion text from the experts at the National Hurricane Center.
- Forecast cones (5-day uncertainty track), wind speed probability, and storm surge maps (when available).
- Background notifications of new and updated storms.
- Multiple types of regional summary maps and satellite loops to choose from (full list below).
- Tap on any map to view full screen, with pinch-to-zoom, drag, and scroll support, even during loop playback.
Tropical Hurricane Tracker provides the most up-to-date information about hurricanes, tropical storms, and disturbances in the Atlantic, Central Pacific, and Eastern Pacific basins. It offers the unique ability to easily navigate through multiple data points to find the information you need to keep track of potentially devastating storms.
- Hurricane Tracking Maps by Region (Central Pacific, Eastern North Pacific, Atlantic)
- NOAA Forecasts
- Interactive Global Map
- Push Notifications
- Ensemble Models
- Historic Seasonal Maps
- Historic Storm Tracks
- Saffir-Simpson Scale
- Safety & Preparedness Information
If we missed any best hurricane tracking apps, tell me about them in the comments! Find this list useful, don’t forget to share it!