If you use the keyboard most of the time, make sure you’re using the best keyboard app.
Are you looking for the best keyboard for Android? Every smartphone comes with its own keyboard. But if you want to replace the default keyboard app that doesn’t meet your needs? This article can help you in choosing the best Android keyboard app.
There are many third-party keyboard apps available in the market for Android, which makes it a challenging task to choose a good one. But I have worked hard for you in this guide and listed the best keyboard for Android.
Brief Descriptions of The Content
Best keyboard apps for Android
Although your android phone has a built-in keyboard app, but if you want an advanced keyboard and make your chatting more fun with voice typing, different themes, emoji, stickers. Here are the best keyboards for Android.
Gboard is one of the best keyboards available on Android. It comes with features like emoji and GIF search right from the keyboard. It also includes gesture typing, translation, autocorrect, word prediction and one-handed mode.
Gboard has everything you love about Google Keyboard: speed and reliability, Glide Typing, voice typing, Handwriting, and more.
- Glide Typing – Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter.
- Voice typing – Easily dictate text on the go.
- Handwriting – Write in cursive and printed letters.
- Emoji Search – Find that emoji, faster.
- GIFs – Search and share GIFs for the perfect reaction.
- Customize your keyboard size and layout.
- Multilingual typing – No more switching between languages manually. Gboard will autocorrect and suggest from any of your enabled languages.
- Google Translate – Translate as you type on the keyboard.
SwiftKey is Like Google Keyboard, it uses gesture typing for easier and faster input. Microsoft SwiftKey is an intelligent keyboard that learns your writing style, so you can type faster. You can personalise the keyboard to type and send emojis, GIFs and more just the way you like.
- Swipe to type or tap to type.
- Spell checker and auto-text with AI-powered predictions.
- Custom keyboard toolbar with an expandable menu of quick shortcuts.
- Use emoji, GIFs and stickers to express yourself.
- Browse the GIF keyboard to select the best GIF for your reaction.
- 100+ colorful keyboard themes.
- Make your own custom keyboard theme with your photo as the background.
- Customize your keyboard size and layout.
- Keyboard supports over 400 languages.
Google Indic Keyboard allows you to type messages, update on social networks or compose emails in your own native language on your Android phone. Currently, it includes the following keyboards: English keyboard, Assamese keyboard, Bengali keyboard, Gujarati keyboard, Hindi keyboard, Kannada keyboard, Malayalam keyboard, Marathi keyboard, Odia keyboard and more.
- Transliteration mode – Get output in your native language by spelling out the pronunciation using English letters (For example, “namaste“ -> “नमस्ते“.)
- Native keyboard mode – Type directly in native script.
- Handwriting mode (currently available for Hindi only) – Write directly on your phone screen.
- Hinglish mode – If you choose “Hindi” as an input language, the English keyboard will suggest both English and Hinglish terms.
Chrooma Keyboard is a lightweight, highly customizable, emoji keyboard that adapts its colour theme to the app you are using. It is powered by smart artificial intelligence that provides you with a better contextual prediction. The app includes a neural action row that helps you with emojis, numbers and punctuation suggestions.
- Chrooma Keyboard has numerous adaptive and colourful keyboard themes. All the themes are elegant and fit your phone style.
- With Chrooma Keyboard you have a dedicated GIF tab to find and send all the GIFs you want.
- Supports automatic emoji suggestions and helps you by providing you your most used emoji.
- Automatically changes the colour of your navbar according to the app you are using.
- A lot of gestures, to fast delete, delete all, move cursor, fast selection.
- You can write in multiple languages simultaneously without having to switch the keyboard every time.
- One hand mode and split layout.
- You can write everything just by swiping your thumb over the keyboard.
Typewise is a keyboard app that helps you to improve typing speed, customize the keyboard the way you want (different keyboard themes, keyboard fonts, emoji keyboard). It provides you with a wide range of keyboard background options, emojis, text fonts, and other features that make its use fun and easy. Its best feature is that you can swipe up to capitalize a letter, swipe left to delete or swipe right to restore.
- Wide range of keyboard background options, emojis, text fonts and more.
- Change fonts to any font you want to maximize your font keyboard experience.
- Intuitive gestures – Swipe up to capitalize a letter, swipe left to delete, or swipe right to restore.
- Smart autocorrect – Stop getting annoyed by wrong autocorrections or senseless predictions.
- Type in multiple languages without switching.
- Change font size (adjust fonts).
Fleksy is a fast keyboard with an all-in-one emoji keyboard. It has millions of free themes, millions of GIFs, millions of stickers, and auto-correction. With Fleksy, you also get emoji suggestions, different keyboard sizes, key-boxes, Fleksywave swipe-to-type glide typing, etc.
- Fleksywave swipe input – Easily swipe-to-type using Fleksywave.
- Flesky also recommends you the best emojis as you type, making your texts even more fun and expressive.
- Share and text-out your emotions using GIFs or stickies while typing.
- 100+ beautiful themes or create your own theme using your gallery photos.
- swipe left to delete a word or swipe right to insert a space.
- You can access Memes, GIFs, Stickers and more within your Fleksy keypad wordboard keyboard.
- Personalize keyboard color, font, key press sound.
- Game: track your performance on miss spells.
Grammarly Keyboard helps you edit and correct your grammar, spelling, punctuation, and more. It allows you to write clearly, confidently and mistake-free in all your apps. Advanced features such as the synonyms tool help you enhance your vocabulary, spell check words and improve your writing from emails to social media posts.
- Grammar checker – Know your grammar is always mistake-free.
- Spelling checker and proofreader – Easily avoid common typos.
- Advanced punctuation correction – Take the guesswork out of punctuation.
- Synonyms and editor – See better word choices and select synonyms as you’re typing.
- Light and dark themes.
- Vocabulary enhancement.
AnySoftKeyboard is an open-source keyboard app with multiple language support. It is a highly customizable keyboard.
- Multi languages keyboard support via external packages.
- Also complete your typed words from your contacts names.
- Learns your typing behaviour to provide next-word prediction.
- Gesture support.
- Comes with a few built-in skins, and more available in the play store.
GO Keyboard is also a really cool keyboard that offers tons of themes. It has 1000+ colourful themes, 1000+ emoji & GIFs, 100+ fonts and you can swipe to input easily. GO Keyboard supports 60+ languages and thousands of themes. The emoji, emoticons and stickers in the keyboard are compatible across all popular apps.
- It is free to use a pack of 800 emoticons, emoji, and sticker.
- There are 10000+ colourful themes compatible with emoji keyboards and new themes are delivered weekly.
- Smart enough to recognize mistyping, provide correction suggestions and make your typing easy.
- Offer you over 100 beautiful fonts including toshiyana, rayna, basileia and other popular fonts.
- It provides various layouts such as QWERTY keyboard, QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard for pad tablets.
Kika Keyboard is a free emoji keyboard app that makes typing fast, accurate and fun. It offers features like thousands of emoji, emoticons, cool fonts, funny GIFs and much more.
- Easy to send emoji messages with various funny emoji & text emoticons.
- Innovative emoji prediction with emoji dictionary.
- Send stickers/clipart and GIFs on any social apps.
- Lots of funny animated GIFs.
- Personalise keyboard color, font, key press sound.
- Resize keypad with one-handed mode, split keyboard layout for phone and tablet.
- Smart auto-correction & word prediction helps you remove typos.
- Slide input: slide your finger key to key quickly.
If you are looking for a keyboard to have fun with, Tenor GIF Keyboard is the best.It also lets you find the perfect GIF or video of what you’re trying to say, right from the keyboard. Express the emotion, inside joke, or clever response you want to share. It supports popular messaging and social media platforms.
- Send the right GIF or video to express exactly what you’re trying to say, directly from your keyboard.
- Search Tenor’s millions of GIFs and videos to find the best. You can also search by emoji.
ai.type is the smartest, most personalized keyboard app. It lets you type better and faster by learning your writing style, it allows you to customize and personalize your keyboard the way you like.
- Thousands of free themes – Choose any of the free and attractive keyboard themes out of thousands of available themes.
- Design personalized layout (background, colors, fonts…), and upload themes to app Theme Market where millions of other users can see, rate and download them.
- Enjoy our new Emoji scrollable layout helping you to easily navigate through 800 different emoji and more than 1000 graphical chars.
- Auto suggested Emojis.
- Next word prediction, completion & auto-correction.
- Write faster by swiping your finger from key to key.
- Use our top (5th) row to efficiently add numbers, punctuation and emoji, from within the primary keyboard screen.
Gboard and Swiftkey offer auto-correction on the current word only, while Ginger Keyboard checks your whole sentences using a unique Contextual Grammar and Spell Check proofreader. It allows users to send better, less embarrassing texts and higher quality writing.
- Grammar checker and spell check.
- Emoji, emoji art, stickers and animated gifs.
- Gives you accurate next-word predictions.
- Style up your keyboard with over 100 beautiful free themes.
- You can even personalize your keyboard by creating your very own theme.
- Emoji prediction.
- Search for emoji and GIFs directly from Ginger keyboard.
- Write faster by swiping your finger from key to key.
- Translate – Express yourself with translations between more than 58 languages.
- Spice up your text with new variations for your sentences, and discover alternative ways to write your text.
If I missed any best keyboards for Android phones, tell me about them in the comments! Find this list useful, don’t forget to share it!
Thank you for reading. Try these out too:
- Best Android Tools and Utility Apps
- 27 Best Screen Mirroring Apps for Android
- Top 10 Best Drawing Apps for Android Mobile
- The Best Free Calculator App for Android
- 22 Best Camera Apps for Android
- Top 17 Best Video Editing App for Android
- 18 Best Beauty Camera App for Android
- 17 Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- 15 Best Free Apps to Add Text to Photos