Are you looking for the best music player apps for Android?
A lot of people these days have migrated to music streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, or Apple Music. But online streaming eats up your mobile data. That’s why some people still prefer their own collection.
If you like to listen to music offline on your phone, there are tons of apps out there in the Play Store. Here are the best offline music player apps for Android. Find out which apps below might fit your needs.
Let’s check out the best free music player apps for Android…!
Best Music Player Apps for Android
AIMP is a simplistic mobile music app that supports all audio file types, including FLAC, MP3, MP4, and others. In this music player app, you also get many customization options, themes, 29-band equalizer and more. The only downside is that the app may work incorrectly on devices based on MIUI firmware.
- Supported formats: AAC, APE, DFF, DSF, FLAC, IT, M4A, M4B, MO3, MOD, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, MPGA, MTM, OGG, OPUS, S3M, TTA, UMX, WAV, WEBM, WV, XM
- Support for Android Auto and custom Car PCs
- Support for OpenSL / AudioTrack / AAudio output methods
- Balance control
- Playback speed control
- 29-band graphic equalizer
- Custom themes support
- Built-in light, dark and black themes
- An ability to cross-fade tracks
- An ability to repeat playlist / track / playback without repeating
- An ability to control playback via headset
- Smart-playlists based on folders
jetAudio is another best music player app for Android. It plays almost any type of music file and provides a very high-quality sound with various effects and enhancements such as Wide, Reverb, X-Bass.
The app comes with 32 equalizers presets that will provide a wide array of listening experiences. If you like to customize your own sound experience, it has 10/20 bands graphic equalizer and other advanced playback functions including playback speed control, crossfading, AGC and much more.
- 20-bands graphic equalizer
- Tag Editor (MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A)
- Display lyrics in tag (Unsynchronized lyrics)
- 3 lock screens
- Pitch shifter
- Precise playback speed control (50% ~ 200%)
- Light Gray/White theme for browser (Plus only)
- Grid mode for Artist/Song/Folder/Genre browser
- Adjust FF/REW interval
- Expanded notification bar (for JB)
- MIDI playback (using jetAudio WaveTable MIDI synthesizer engine)
Rocket Music Player is a good looking and highly functional music player app for Android. With it you get a 10-band equalizer with several presets, over 30 themes, a built-in tag editor, Chromecast support, a sleep timer, a nifty playlist manager, and even support for podcasts.
- Display by song, album, artist, playlist, composer, genre
- 10 Band graphic equalizer including Bass Booster
- 30+ themes
- Embedded lyrics
- Tag editing
- Play many formats (ogg, mp3, 3gp, mp4, m4a, alac, tta, ape, mpc, wav, flac, wv and wma )
- Batch selection – for selecting multiple songs at once to add to playlist, eq
- Custom lockscreen
- Sleep timer
- Podcast bookmarks
- Scrobbling support
- Chromecast support
Phonograph is a good-looking music player app. It is lightweight, and easy to use. It comes with a classic, simple Material Design UI. There is an inbuilt theme engine with many different colours to choose from.
- Create and edit playlists
- Homescreen widget
- Lock Screen playback controls
- “Go-To Actions” such as jump from a song or an album right to its artist
- Inbuilt theme engine with many different colors
Shuttle Music Player is an intuitive, lightweight and powerful open-source music player for Android. It comes with a six-band equalizer with bass boost, gapless playback, several theme options, a sleep timer, and a few customizable widgets.
- Modern, Material design
- Built-in 6-band equalizer with bass boost
- Gapless playback
- Lyrics (embedded lyrics only, for legal reasons)
- Automatic artwork downloading
- Tons of theme options, including light & dark mode
- Sleep timer
- Extremely customizable widgets
- Last.fm Scrobbling
BlackPlayer is a free MP3 music player that comes with a highly customizable, and modern minimalistic material design. It supports music files such as MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A. You get a five-band equalizer, gapless playback, scrobbling, and sleep timer.
- Supports standard local music player files such as MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A
- 5 Band Equalizer, BassBoost, 3D Surround Virtualizer and Amplifier. You can also use your external Equalizer for best audio quality
- Gapless audio playback.
- View & Edit embedded lyrics, supports synchronized .lrc files.
- HD Album cover management, auto and manual.
- ID3 Tag editor, edit Tracks, Albums, Artists & Genres
- Customizable Themes, fonts, colors and animations
- Supports Android Auto and Wear OS (previously Android Wear)
- Supports mp3 scrobbling.
- 3 widgets.
- Sleep timer (activate in Interface Settings)
MediaMonkey comes with a ton of features such as track editing functions, EQ, multiple navigation modes, and even a sleep timer. It plays a wide variety of file formats, both lossy and lossless. This music player app syncs your music library from your computer to your phone (and back) over WiFi.
- Sync (wirelessly *) with MediaMonkey for Windows. Keeps playlists, tracks and videos including file info, ratings, lyrics, play history, etc in sync
- Manage Music, Classical music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Video
- Navigate by Artist, Album, Composer, Genre, Playlist, etc.) with support for multiple attributes
- Cast to Google chrome cast
- Android Auto support
- Player widgets for home screen or lock screen
PlayerPro provides a beautiful, fast, and intuitive interface with powerful audio configuration options. With this Music player you get high-Res audio (up to 32-bit, 384kHz), 10 band graphic equalizer with 20 default presets, Pre-Amp control, bass boost control, stereo widening control, left-right volume control and more. In addition, there is a choice of several free plugins such as skins, DSP packs, etc.
- Browse and play your music in many different ways: by albums, artists, album artists, composers, genres, songs, playlists, and folders
- Browse and play your videos by folders
- Listen to your music while driving thanks to Android Auto
- Stream your music to your TV or any Chromecast Audio compatible device
- Change the user interface of the Player by installing available Skins
- Customize the layout, choosing between Grid or List views
- ID3 Tags editing, in single or batch mode
- 5 band graphic equalizer with 15 default presets stereo widening effect, reverb effects (large/medium hall, plate, small/medium/large room), bass boost effect, volume control
Pulsar is also the ultimate audio player on Android without ads. It provides a great looking interface. It has almost every feature to fulfil all of your musical needs including gapless playback, lyrics display, crossfade, play speed adjustment, tag editing, last.fm scrobbling, Chromecast, voice command, Android Auto, equalizer, music visualizer, audio balance, ReplayGain, sleep timer, etc. Pulsar supports standard music file types including mp3, aac, FLAC, Ogg, Wav etc.
- Gorgeous user interface and animation with material design.
- Manage and play music by album, artist, folder, and genre.
- Smart playlists with most played, recently played, and newly added tracks.
- Automatic sync missing album/artist images.
- Fast search across albums, artists, and songs.
- Resizable home screen widget.
- Gapless playback support.
- Play speed adjustment.
- Crossfade support.
- Replay gains volume normalization.
- Built-in metadata tag editor (mp3 and more).
- Display lyrics (embedded and lrc file).
- Sava/restore playback position (useful for podcast and audiobook).
- Music visualizer rendering.
- Chromecast (Google Cast) support.
- Google voice commands support.
- Android Auto support.
- Disable car auto play on Bluetooth.
- Sound balance adjustment.
- Last.fm scrobbling.
- Various colorful themes.
- Free of advertisements.
- Sleep timer.
n7player Music Player is an intuitive audio player giving you an innovative way to browse your music. It provides advanced features in a user-friendly interface. It provides a 10-band equalizer, volume normalization, and gapless playback.
- Plays all most popular file types: mp3, mp4, m4a, ogg, wav, 3gp, mid, xmf, mkv*, flac**, aac**
- Full-featured, 10 band equalizer: tunable bass and treble, built-in presets with possibility of creating your own, pre-amp, channel balance, audio normalizations, surround effects and SRS (if available on your device)
- Filter your music library
- Use your favorite skin, select the most suitable widget, install free music visualizer (BLW), change your lock screen
- Gapless playback, timer, playback resume
Neutron Player is one of the best music players available with advanced features. It outputs hi-res audio directly to the internal DAC (including USB DAC) and offers a rich set of DSP effects. You get a sophisticated user interface with advanced media library functionality.
- Supports all audio formats
- 32/64-bit hi-res audio processing (HD audio)
- DSP effects
- Parametric Equalizer (4-60 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain)
- Graphic EQ mode (21 presets)
- Surround Sound (Ambiophonic RACE)
- Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones)
- Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction)
- Gapless playback
- Balance (L/R)
- Playback modes: Shuffle, Loop, Single Track, Sequential, Queue
- Clock mode
Poweramp is a powerful music player for Android. It has everything you need in an advanced music player such as a 10-band equalizer, gapless playback, crossfade, replay gain, a built-in tag editor, fast library scan, along with some other nice-to-haves like dynamic queues.
- New DSP, including updated Equalizer/Tone/Stereo expand, and the new Reverb/Tempo effects
- Visualizations (supporting .milk presets and spectrum)
- Light and Dark skins included, both with Pro Buttons and Static Seekbar options
- New menus, panels, pop ups, dialogs, etc
- 10+ band graphical equalizer for all supported formats, built-in and custom presets. Up to 32 bands supported
- Separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
- Stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance, tempo control, reverb, system MusicFX (where supported by the device)
- Custom visual themes, lot of skins available on Play
Musicolet is a simple, light yet powerful music player with all essential music playing features with some advanced features like Multiple Queues, Simple GUI with Minimalistic design & Easy navigation, Tag editor+, Folder browsing, Powerful Equalizer and more. You can Move/Copy songs, Rename folders directly in the app
Did this list help you find the best free music player for Android? If I missed any of the best offline music players for Android, let me know in the comments box! Find this list useful, don’t forget to share it!
You may also like: