Are you looking for the best photo editing app for Android?
These days everyone uses their smartphone to click photos. But the problem is that when you take hundreds of photos, they do not come outright. They have contrast or colour or brightness or orientation issues.
…whatever the problem is, it can be solved with a photo editing app. But, there are thousands of photo editing apps available on the Play Store due to which it becomes very difficult to choose a good photo app.
Don’t worry, In this article, I have listed some of the best photo editing apps for Android which can help you make your shots best.
Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
These days most people use Android phones and capture their happiest moments with their phones to make them memorable. If you click the photo, and they have a contrast, brightness, exposure or orientation issue, then a photo editing app can be really handy to fix it.
Here is a list of best photo editing apps for android that can turn your shots into a piece of art…
PicsArt is the best photo editing app along with a video editor for mobile. Currently, It is one of the most popular apps with over 1 billion downloads. PicsArt gives you everything you need for photo editing.
PicsArt offers features such as:
- Filters for pictures & trendy photo effects.
- Background eraser (you can cut out photos & erase backgrounds).
- You can add text to photos using 200+ aesthetic fonts.
- Stunning makeover with Beautify tools: hair color changer, makeup stickers & more
- Blur photo backgrounds with a smart selection tool.
- Create beautiful double exposure edits & blend photo layers.
- Create photo collage (Using a bunch of layout designs, photo grid, freestyle collage, scrapbook, and frames for photos).
- Outline selfies with the hottest Sketch effects.
- Turn photos into cartoons.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a free photo editor app as well as a camera. It helps you capture and edit stunning images. This app makes your photo editing easy with sliders, filters, presets, profiles, curves, colour mixer and more.
Adobe Lightroom provides features such as:
- Improve light and colour, apply photo filters for pictures, and more.
- Allow to crop and resize your photo.
- Remove almost anything from your photo with a touch of the Healing Brush.
- Provides presets that make your photo professional and photo editing faster.
- Its Group Albums allow you to invite others and collect everyone’s photos in one place.
Adobe Photoshop is another fully loaded photo editing app available for Android. Adobe Photoshop Express is probably lighter than Adobe Lightroom but still offers many things for mobile photo editing. You can apply blur, remove noise, add borders, filters and more.
Adobe Photoshop provides features such as:
- Instantly fix crooked images and correct distorted camera angles.
- Smooth out graininess, reduce colour noise, and sharpen details to showcase your photos best.
- Use radial blur to blend out backgrounds and shift focus to specific subjects or full blur to create movement.
- You can add stickers and text to photos using a wide array of fonts.
- You can add borders and frames, and stamp creations with custom watermarks.
Prisma is a photo editor app that creates amazing photo effects to transform your photos into paintings. With its art filters, you can make your photo like Picasso, Munch, or Salvador Dali.
Prisma provides features such as:
- You’ll find more than 300 art styles in Prisma’s art filter library.
- Prisma releases a new art filter every single day.
- There is a Feed full of the beautiful pictures created by the community.
- After applying art filters, you can use a wide range of photo tools like exposure, sharpness, contrast, brightness, etc.
VSCO offers creative photo and video editing tools. It has various presets and suggests according to your photos.
- It has over 200+ presets.
- You can easily import and edit your RAW photos.
- Offers adjustments for exposure, contrast, cropping, sharpening, saturation, highlights, shadows, skin tone, grain, and fade.
- You can adjust white balance and experiment with color control with HSL.
This photo editing app is developed by Google. It has filters and presets just like other photo editing apps. It offers more powerful features such as curve shifts, white balance, perspective change, healing, HDS Scape, glamour glow, tonal contrast and more.
Snapseed include features such as:
- 29 tools and filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective.
- Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later.
- You can add stylised or plain text.
- Adjust the exposure and colour automatically or manually.
- Provides precise control over the brightness levels in your photos.
LightX is a free picture editor to make photo collages, add photo frames to your pictures, add stickers, make cutout and photo background changer, blur photos, create cartoons and caricatures, create sweet selfies and portrait photos, change hair color, add color splash effects, merge photos for double & multiple exposure effects and apply many other tools to edit pictures. Furthermore, You can put text on your photos and create your own text memes as well.
LightX Photo Editor include features such as:
- Cutout and Photo Background Changer.
- Color Splash Photo Effects.
- Merge photos.
- Professional image editing tools.
- Apply different photo filters.
- Advanced Photo Transform tools.
- Blur Photo Editor.
- Add different text on your images.
Vintage has many vibrant filters that make your photos look unique and vintage. You can also customize the level of opacity, transparency, and layers on each filter.
Vintage include features such as:
- 40+ Professionally designed RETRO filters
- 30+ Light Leak effects
- 20+ Film Scratches and Dust
- 50+ Gradient colour filters
- One tap Glitch effect (Chromatic aberration)
- Adjust saturation, contrast, hue, exposure, brightness, and more.
PicSay Pro is also a very good photo editing app for mobile. This app makes your photo editing easy with special effects, style, stickers and more.
It has a free Lite edition with limited features such as colour-correct your pictures and adds word balloons, titles, graphics, effects and more.
Fotor is a photo editing app for Android with tonnes of cool features and tools to enhance images. This app offers a wide range of photo effects and filters for editing images. It has plenty of collage templates that allow making your photo collages.
If you want to style and edit your photos, you can with PhotoDirector. You can edit, crop and stylize any aspect of your photo. It offers hundreds of styles, effects and templates.
It has a wide range of professional tools and smart features will help you fix digital noise, poor lighting and other common problems, and even remove unwanted objects, with a single tap.
PhotoDirector include features:
- Turn your still images into incredible pieces of moving art.
- Dehaze, White Balance, HDR, and Vignette tools.
- Advanced effects: Glitch, VHS, Mosaic, and more.
- Photo retouch, selfie editor, red-eye removal.
- Object cloning and removal.
- Blur photo editor.
- Brightness, contrast, warmth, and saturation adjustments.
- Highlights and shadows.
AirBrush comes with retouch tools, cool filter options, and many more. It has a built-in camera interface with a variety of live effects. AirBrush includes lots of tools such as blemish and pimple remover, whitens teeth and brightens eyes, body slimmer, and artistic retouching features, natural and radiant filters.
AirBrush include features:
- Blemish and Pimple Remover
- Whiten Teeth and Brighten Eyes
- Perfect Skin in Every Photo
- Make your photo blur.
- Its beauty filters are professionally designed to enhance pictures and selfie photos.
Toolwiz Photos is a gorgeous photo editor app for mobile phones. This freeware is trying to offer a whole edit toolkit for you. It is the best all-in-one PRO photo editor providing 200+ powerful tools. This freeware is trying to offer a whole edit toolkit for you.
Toolwiz Photos include features:
- A large collection of magic filters and art filters.
- Excellent selfie, and skin polishing tools including Face rater, dermabrasion, red-eyes removal, and bright eye.
- More than 200 text fonts with shadow and mask support.
YouCam Perfect is the best beauty camera & selfie photo editing app. You can edit selfies & photos with hundreds of campaigns and new creative templates, effects & filters. The app also removes blemishes & smooth wrinkles.
YouCam Perfect include features:
- Effects and one-touch filters, photo crop and rotate, mosaic pixelate to blur the background, vignette, and HDR effect.
- Blur photos using background defocus, Gaussian blur, and other blur effect tools.
- Cutout and object remover tool.
- “Smile” feature for adding a smile to any image.
Pixlr is one of the best and most popular photo editing apps for mobile. It has all the tools that a user might need for photo editing.
Pixlr include features:
- Create photo collages easily with a variety of preset collages, grid style, customized ratio, and background.
- Instantly adjust the color of your photo in one easy click using Auto Fix.
- Use Double Exposure to create an array of effects easily with layers and adjustable transparency.
- Create cool photo effects using Stylize (pencil sketch, poster, watercolor and more).
- Remove blemishes, red-eye, smoothen skin, or whiten teeth.
- Add text to your photos with a variety of fonts.
- Crop and resize images quickly and easily.
Photo Lab has more than 900 effects such as realistic photomontages, stylish photo filters, beautiful frames, creative artistic effects, collages for multiple photos, and lots more.
It gives you a simple and intuitive interface that helps you quickly learn how to use the picture editor. The best thing each update adds a dozen new photo frames and effects.
Photo Editor Pro offers everything you want to edit a picture. It provides stylish effects, filters, grids and draws tools. With Photo Editor Pro, you can directly post your artworks to Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook etc.
Photo Editor Pro include features:
- Powerful and easy photo editing tools.
- Hundreds of filters for pictures and photo effects.
- Glitch and light leaks effects.
- Body editor for slimming body & face.
- Collage maker with 100+ layouts and backgrounds.
- Blur photo editor with DSLR blur effect.
- Draw and add text with various art fonts.
- Crop, rotate, vertical and horizon.
- Adjust brightness, contrast, warmth and saturation etc.
With the apps listed above, you can choose the photo editing app according to your needs.
Also, let me know if your favorite photo editing app is missing on this list. Hope you found the post useful and comprehensive!