Are you looking for the best security app for your Android phone?
However, there are a ton of antivirus and anti-malware app available on the Google Play. But, what are the best security apps for Android?
Don’t worry, in today’s article I have listed the top ten best security apps for Android. Most of them are easy to use and don’t use a ton of resources.
So let’s get started…
Brief Descriptions of The Content
Top 10 Best Security Apps for Android Phone
Here are the best security apps currently available on Android that can enhance your phone security:
Bouncer is a newer security app that manages your permissions. Bouncer gives you the ability to grant permissions temporarily.
For example, if you want to give temporary permission to an application, but you don’t want to give permission for always. Bouncer does exactly that. As soon as you exit the app, Bouncer automatically removes the permission for you in an instant.
- Increased security, privacy and battery life
- Never have to worry what apps are doing in the background
- No complicated setup needed (no root or adb)
Find My Device by Google
Find My Device by Google tracks the location of your phone. If you have lost your phone, it tracks and locates your phone and keeps it locked until you get it back.
- You can see your phone, tablet or watch on a map. If the current location is not available, you will see the last known location.
- You can use indoor maps to find your device in airports, shopping centres or other large buildings.
- Navigate to your device with Google Maps by tapping the device location and then the Maps icon.
- Play a sound at full volume, even if your device is on silent
- Erase the device or lock it with a custom message and contact number on lock screen
Firefox Focus: The privacy browser
Firefox Focus is a privacy browser. It automatically blocks online trackers. Easily erase your history, passwords and cookies, so you won’t get things like unwanted ads. The app is completely free and more private than most browsers.
- Blocks a wide range of common Web trackers.
- Easily erases your history — no passwords, no cookies, no trackers.
- Provides faster browsing.
LastPass Password Manager
LastPass is one of the best password manager apps. It stores your passwords behind a master password of your choosing. If you are looking for the best way to store your password in one place, then LastPass is the best app for you.
It stores your passwords and personal information in a secure vault (everything is encrypted and safe). You just have to remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass will autofill logins.
- You can use LastPass across all your devices, including phones, tablets, and personal computers, for free.
- With its free syncing, anything you save on one device is instantly available on all other devices.
- You can also store information like credit card numbers.
- Log in with your fingerprint for simple, secure access to everything in LastPass.
- Its multi-factor authentication adds a second layer of protection on your account.
MyPasswords is also like LastPass. It helps you to store all your logins, passwords, and other private information safe and secure in an encrypted database. Just you need to remember a master password.
- Quick and easy access.
- Strong data encryption using AES-256 bit.
- Backup and restore your data.
- Auto backup to local storage.
- Built in password generator.
- Auto exit when the screen turns off.
- Multi window support.
Kaspersky Antivirus: Security, Virus Cleaner
This is one of the best antivirus apps. It blocks viruses and malware coming into your mobile and protects your phone from viruses. Kaspersky Antivirus has many useful features in addition to antivirus. This can put a security lock on your apps to keep them secure. Because of which no other person will be able to use your phone.
Apart from this, there is a web security feature in it. When you open any website in your phone, it keeps your smartphone’s data safe secure from viruses.
- Antivirus protection – virus cleaner, automatically blocking malware and more.
- Background check — scans for viruses, spyware, ransomware and Trojans.
- Find my phone — locates & locks your Android phone or tablet if it’s lost or stolen.
- Anti-Theft — protects personal information from thieves, wiping it from your device.
- Anti-Phishing — keeps your financial information secure when you shop & bank online.
- Web filter — filters out dangerous links & sites.
Norton Mobile Security and Antivirus
NORTON protects your phone from dangerous viruses and malware. Apart from this, it keeps your personal data safe. There is also a web security feature in it. When you open any website on your phone, it protects your smartphone’s data and prevents viruses from the phone. Norton Mobile Security has many features:
- Virus Cleaner
- App lock
- WiFi Security
- Safe Search
- Automatic scanner
- Call Blocking
Avast is an antivirus security app. By using this application, you can protect your phone from viruses. It alerts you when spyware or adware-infected apps are downloaded to your device. Also keeps you safe from phishing attacks, infected websites, SMS messages. You can activate the VPN to make your browsing private. You get many features in this app:
- Antivirus Engine
- App Lock
- Photo Vault
- VPN (virtual private network)
- Power Save
- Privacy Permissions
- RAM Boost
- Junk Cleaner
- Web Shield
- Wi-Fi Security
- App Insights
- Virus Cleaner
- Wi-Fi Speed Test
AVG AntiVirus Free
AVG antiVirus is also a very good antivirus app. After downloading it in your phone, you can delete the junk file and virus from your smartphone. This anti-virus application offers many features. When you scan your phone (scan apps, games, settings and files), it immediately deletes the junk file and virus.
- Scan apps, games, settings and files in real-time.
- Scan Wi-Fi networks for threats.
- Scan websites for harmful threats (Android’s default browser and Chrome).
- Locate your lost or stolen phone via Google Maps.
Mobile Security: Antivirus, Wi-Fi VPN & Anti-Theft
McAfee Mobile Security is the ultimate mobile security tool. You get great features in McAfee. McAfee protects you through Smart Security and Privacy Protection and also protects your personal data. Features you get in it:
- Virus Cleaner
- App lock
- VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- WiFi Security
Safe Security – Antivirus, Booster, Phone Cleaner
It is a speed booster, junk cleaner and antivirus app. It optimizes your background apps, memory storage, junk files, and battery power by deleting viruses from your phone.
- Scan installed apps, memory card content and new apps automatically.
- Protection technologies against viruses, adware, malware, etc.
- Delete all types of junk files (system cache, image cache, video cache and advertisement cache).
- Block unwanted/spam calls and text messages.
That’s it…! If I missed any best security apps for Android phone, tell me about them in the comments!
Hope you found the post useful and comprehensive!
HERE ARE SOME MORE APP LISTS:
- 8 Best File Transfer App for Android to PC
- 12 Best Photo Recovery Apps for Android
- 17 Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
Leave a Reply