Are you looking for the best SEO plugin for your WordPress site? SEO plugins help to improve your website SEO.
Here I have made a huge listed of the best SEO plugins for WordPress.
Using these plugins you can easily improve your WordPress website SEO and can get a higher rank in search engines like Google, Bing and all major browsers.
By the way, you will know what is SEO. SEO is extremely important for any website or blog. If you optimize your site SEO well, then you can get lots of traffic from the search engine.
However, WordPress is considered the best SEO friendly content management system (CMS). If your website or blog is on the WordPress platform, here are the 22 best WordPress SEO plugins that you can use to make your blog or website SEO even better.
So let’s leave all these things and come directly to our topic and look at the list of best WordPress SEO plugins…
Brief Descriptions of The Content
A Huge List of The Best SEO Plugins for WordPress
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is the best SEO plugin for WordPress to improve website SEO. It is available in both free and paid versions. With its help, you can optimize your site well for Search engines.
You can install the Yoast SEO plugin from WordPress.org. It provides a solid toolset for your WordPress site. Here is a guide on Yoast SEO Settings.
You can add Meta description to the homepage, single post or page, and social sharing. Apart from this you can create a sitemap, edit your Robots.txt and .htaccess file and many more.
- You can change the SEO title and meta description of the post.
- You can add Focus keywords
- Create XML Sitemaps
- It also includes .htaccess and robots.txt editor
- You can use Title and Meta description for taxonomies (category and tags).
- [Premium] Redirect manager
- [Premium] Automatic internal linking suggestions
- [Premium] Synonyms & related keyphrases
- [Premium] offers News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO and WooCommerce SEO extensions
2. All In One SEO
This is a great alternative of Yoast SEO plugin. You can download All In One SEO Pack plugin by visiting the WordPress plugin page.
Additionally, it provides a one-page setting which makes easy to Setup. All In One SEO Pack offers you all the features like the Yoast. Here is a guide on All In One SEO Pack plugin Settings.
- XML Sitemap support
- Google Analytics support
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Generates META tags automatically
- Google AMP support
3. WP Meta SEO
WP Meta SEO comes with many useful features and functionalities that help to make your content SEO friendly. Its dashboard provides an SEO overview of how well your site is optimized for SEO.
WP Meta SEO displays percentage score for permalinks, meta title, meta description, wrongly resized images, image metadata, new or updated content, link titles and 404 error pages.
- Bulk edit SEO link title.
- Fix HTML image resizing in content.
- Bulk edit image file name and meta.
- 404 errors redirect and internal broken link checker.
- Generate XML and HTML sitemaps.
- Breadcrumb generator.
SEOPressor is a premium SEO plugin for WordPress. It covers all issues related to SEO on your site. SEOPressor allows optimizing 3 Keywords.
For Beginners, SEOPressor not only ensures that the content is keyword-rich but also ensures the right places of the keyword and the right frequency. It also has an “over-optimization” warning tool that helps you know that you are not violating Google Webmaster Guidelines.
- Improved On-Page SEO Analysis.
- Semantic Builder
- Crawler Control
- Multiple Keywords optimization.
- XML Sitemap Generator.
- 301 URL Redirect.
- Automatic Smart Linking.
- SEOPressor Role Settings.
5. Squirrly SEO plugin
Squirrly SEO is for non-SEO experts that help to ensure that your content is optimized well for both search engines and readers.
Squirrly SEO helps you write SEO friendly and human-friendly content, and when you provide great content to your readers, your Google ranking is improved.
It has also been recommended by Neil Patel, which is a co-founder of Kissmetrics and Crazy Egg, besides Brian Dean and more than 100 content marketing experts are recommended.
- Real-time SEO tips
- SEO Live Assistant – you can optimize a page for multiple keywords.
- A keyword research tool that works within the WordPress editor.
- Readability check and human-friendly optimization.
- Set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content.
- User Roles and Permissions.
6. Premium SEO Pack
Premium SEO Pack is a premium WordPress SEO Plugin. Using it you can optimize your site for SEO in minutes. Also, there is an option to minify CSS and JS.
If you want to use this WordPress SEO plugin on your blog or website then you will have to spend at least $ 44. This plugin has many SEO features that can help boost your website SEO.
- You can set Title, Description, Keywords, Canonical Metas
- Open Graph Image, Title, Description, Type
- Twitter Card Image, Title, Description
- Noindex and Nofollow options for each post type
- Works well with Woocommerce and other e-commerce plugins
- Supports Multisite.
SmartCrawl is another premium WordPress SEO plugin developed by WPMUDEV. It helps boost your PageRank and traffic. SmartCrawl has all the SEO features that are needed for your WordPress site: one-click setup, keyword auto-linking, sitemap generator, improved social sharing, content analyzer and regular scans and reports.
- SmartCrawl SEO customizes how titles and descriptions display on search pages.
- SmartCrawl SEO connects your social accounts and credits you when someone shares your posts.
- It scans pages and posts for readability and keyword density and makes suggestions for optimizing your content.
- When you add new content to your site, SmartCrawl will let Google recrawl your site.
- You can set 301 Redirect.
- Integrate With Moz SEO Tools.
8. Praison SEO
It is a simple and powerful SEO plugin developed by Mervin Praiso. The setup of Praison SEO is very easy and it is perfect for beginners and advanced users.
- Meta Description Optimisation
- Title Optimisation
- Google Analytics Integration
- Google Authorship Integration
- Canonical URL
- No Follow, No Index Settings
- XML Sitemap
- Google Webmaster Tools Verification
9. Rank Math
Recently, MyThemeShop has launched a brand new Rank Math SEO plugin for WordPress users. You can download it for free. This SEO plugin offers dozens of SEO features in free to optimize your website’s content. Rank Math is a perfect solution to optimize your contents and technical SEO.
- Auto Canonical URLs.
- Google Keyword Ranking.
- Google Schema Rich Snippets Integrated.
- Social Media Optimization.
- More Website Verification Options.
- Automated Image SEO.
- XML Sitemap.
- Simple 404 Monitor.
- .htaccess Editor.
- Robots.txt Editor.
Redirection is a great plugin. The plugin helps to redirect broken links (any links). With Redirection plugin, you can easily manage 301 redirections and track 404 errors on your site.
The plugin helps to reduce errors and improve your site ranking and user experience.
- Track 404 errors on your site.
- Allows you to set up redirects permanent or temporary basis.
- When you modify or change the post URL, it automatically sets the Redirection.
11. Broken Link Checker
Broken Link Checker is the most popular WordPress plugin. It checks broken links (for your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields etc) on your site.
When the plugin gets a broken link, it notifies via the Dashboard or by email. Furthermore, With this plugin, you can tell search engines not to follow broken links.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields.
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notify you via the dashboard and via email.
- Add nofollow attribute to broken links.
- You can edit links directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
12. SEO Image Optimizer
SEO Image Optimizer is the best free SEO plugin for WordPress. This plugin adds the title and alt tag to your images without affecting the database. Plus the plugin resizes images and compresses to increase the speed of your site. It can be a good alternative to SEO Friendly Images and offers more features.
- Easy to use and user-friendly interface.
- Add the title and alt tag to your images.
- Compress the image size.
- Multi-Site Support.
- Resizes images.
13. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is one of the popular Caching Plugin available in the market. This can take your website loading speed to a new level. But proper settings are very important. Here is a guide on W3 Total Cache settings.
I added W3 Total Cache to this list because Google is using site load time as a ranking factor. You can improve both loading speed and SEO by installing it on your site.
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings.
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance.
- Reduced page load time.
- Improved web server performance.
Its Alternatives You can use WP Super Cache and WP Fastest Cache.
14. ShortPixel Image Optimizer
If you use a lot of images on your site, then an Image Optimizer plugin is very important for your site. ShortPixel is a very good and lightweight Image Optimizer plugin that increase your website SEO ranking, number of visitors and your sales by optimizing images or PDF document.
Short Pixel uses minimal resources and works well with any shared, cloud, VPS or dedicated web hosting.
- Compress JPG, PNG, GIF images and also PDF documents.
- A automatically convert PNG to JPG.
- No file size limit.
- Convert any JPEG, PNG or GIF to WebP.
- Skip already optimized images
Alternatively, you can use the Optimus plugin.
15. The SEO Framework
The SEO Framework is also the best SEO plugin for WordPress and offers complete SEO solutions. If you are looking for a fast and lightweight SEO plugin without any ads, then this plugin is absolutely for you. It is considered a great alternative of Yoast or All in One SEO.
The SEO Framework helps you to create better content by showing,
- Title is too long, too short, duplicated, and/or automatically generated.
- Description is too long, too short, has too many repeated words.
- Page is indexed, redirected, followed and/or archived while looking at other WordPress settings.
- Discourages 404 pages and empty categories from being indexed, even if they don’t send a 404 response.
- Automatically notifies Google, Bing, and Yandex when the website updates.
- Various robots meta output options.
- Google, Bing, Pinterest and Yandex webmaster verification options.
- Sitemap integration.
16. Ultimate Nofollow
This plugin increases your control over the rel=”nofollow” tag. You can set rel = “nofollow” tag on any link to your blog.
The nofollow attribute is very important according to SEO purposes. The reason is that if you link an external site to your article that is spammy or not trusted, Google will also reduce your site ranking. But with the help of the Ultimate Nofollow plugin, you can specify that link from “nofollow “tag.
- Add nofollow checkbox when inserting links in posts.
- You can open the link in a new tab.
- Add or remove the nofollow tag from all links in comments.
17. Google XML Sitemaps
This plugin creates an XML Sitemap for your site that helps search engines crawl your site better. The plugin supports all types of WordPress pages along with custom URLs. When you post new content to your site, it notifies all the major search engines.
But if you use Yoast SEO or Jetpack, then use them to create a sitemap.
18. All In One Schema Rich Snippets
All in One Schema Rich Snippet plugin is used to markup posts/pages with rich snippets. Rich Snippet is a short summary of your page in the search results. Rich snippets that include star ratings, photos, writers, prices etc help you stand out from the competition and rank higher in SERPs. This plugin supports following Schemas types,
- Software Application
Mobile searches and users are growing fast day by day. That’s why it’s important that your website is mobile-friendly. This plugin makes your WordPress website mobile-friendly and faster for mobile users. With this plugin, you can make your site mobile-friendly in just a few seconds.
- Many Optimizations.
- AMP-first Experiences support.
- Gutenberg Support.
- Core Theme Support.
Rankie is a premium ($25) rank checker plugin that tracks the Google rankings of your WordPress website. It updates keywords rank position daily and generates powerful reports.
Rankie is not only a rank tracker plugin. Also integrates a powerful keyword research tool that generates huge lists of valuable keywords that you can target.
LinkPatrol helps you gain more control over links to your site. The links that can hurt your website’s search ranking, you can find and fix them with the help of LinkPatrol. What does LinkPatrol do?
- Protect your site from spammy links.
- Destroy spammy keywords.
- Monitor recently added links and keywords.
- Undo Changes Instantly (Made a mistake? Restore links in one click).
Autoptimize is a speed booster plugin that makes your site super fast by reducing code on your website. If you want to increase your site’s performance and keep your website lightweight, then plugin can help you a lot.
Apart from this, the plugin removes query strings and Google font from your site.
What did you think of today’s post? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
Like listed WordPress SEO plugins? Do not forget to share it!
You may also like:
Johnny Cleroy says
Woo excellent collection! You can one more SEO related WP plugin called Trash Duplicate and 301 Redirect in your list. It helps to get better Google ranking by way of finding and deleting duplicate content in your website.
AMAN SINGH says
Thanks for the suggestion, I will update it soon.
Rahul jain says
thank you so much sir i will try on persional blog
You have a great experience writing posts thank you