Are you looking for the best video player for Android?
Many people use Netflix, YouTube subscriptions and other video streaming apps. But there are still many people who have video files in their phone that the default player of the phone is not able to play them. In such a situation, a third-party Android video player app can help and provide a richer viewing experience.
Here I have compiled a list of the best Android video player apps. Find out which apps below might fit your needs.
Let’s check out the best video player apps for Android…!
Brief Descriptions of The Content
Best video player apps for Android
MX Player: Video Player, Movies, Songs & Games App
MX Player App is a powerful video player that plays videos in all formats. It is considered to be one of the best Android video players that supports multi-core decoding. You can play online games with millions of players and earn money online like a cricket champion, carrom play, fruit cutter, bubble shooter and much more.
MX Player comes with a lot of features such as on-screen kid lock, subtitle support, swiping forward/backwards, resizing the video playing screen. It also comes with additional plugins for extra functionalities.
- Hardware Acceleration with the new HW+ decoder
- Android video player with multi-core decoding
- Pinch to Zoom Zoom & Pan
- Subtitle Gestures – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size
- Subtitle formats: DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks, SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*), SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support, SubRip(.srt), MicroDVD(.sub) & more
VLC for Android
VLC media player is a free video player for android without ads. It can play any video and audio files, as well as network streaming. In addition, it is a complete audio player, with a full database, an equalizer and filters, which plays all the weird audio formats.
This video player is easy to use with gesture-based controls to increase and decrease the volume and brightness settings. If you are looking for the best video player for Android without ads, then VLC should be your first choice.
- All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads.
- Supports network streams (including adaptive streaming).
- It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
- Its media library for audio and video files allows browsing of folders directly.
- It has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
- It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
FX Player can play high-definition videos as well as network videos. With its pop-up playback feature, you can watch videos on the floating screen and use other apps simultaneously. You can also resize the video playing screen.
FX player comes with lots of features such as video locker and video hiding, subtitle downloader, Chromecast support, Internal Hardware Acceleration, Multi-track Audio, and more. It is one of the best free video players for Android that you can use.
- Play device, network high quality videos.
- Play latest popular music videos without premium subscription.
- Quickly download videos that you want to save.
- Converts videos and extracts high-quality audio(MP3).
- Transmit videos, movies, music videos, etc with subtitles to TV using Chromecast.
BSPlayer is a free video player for Android. Its hardware-accelerated video playback feature – increases speed and reduces battery consumption. It can play almost all media file formats. You can also customize it with different themes.
- Plays videos in all formats.
- Multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support – significantly improves playback speed.
- Background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
- Hardware accelerated video playback – increases speed and reduces battery consumption.
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work).
- Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos (children lock).
Video Player All Format – HD Video Player, XPlayer
XPlayer is a video player for Android that supports all video formats, 4K/ultra HD video files, and plays them with high-definition. It also protects your private video from being deleted or seen when people use your device.
- Support ALL video formats, including MKV, MP4, M4V, AVI, MOV, 3GP, FLV, WMV, RMVB, TS etc.
- Ultra HD video player, supports 4K.
- Hardware acceleration.
- Keep your video safe with a private folder.
- Support subtitle downloader and more.
- Adjust subtitles and audio.
- Easy to control volume, brightness and playing progress.
- Multi playback option: auto-rotation, aspect-ratio, screen-lock etc.
KMPlayer – All Video Player & Music Player
KMPlayer is another best video player for android that supports a wide range of file formats and codecs. It can play videos up to 4k, 8k UHD quality. This video player provides various functions such as quick button, video zoom and move, playlist setting, subtitle setting and so on.
- High definition video playback: HD, 4K, 8K, UHD, Full HD playback.
- Color adjustment: change brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, gamma information.
- Zoom in video: Zoom in and move the video you’re watching.
- Invert video: Invert left and right (mirror mode), upside down.
- Popup Play: Pop-up windows that can be used with other apps.
- Equalizer: Use equalizer for music and video.
- Speed control: Playback speed control function up to 0.25 ~ 4 times.
- Subtitle Setting: Change subtitle color, size, position.
- Support Chromecast : Cast videos to TV with Chromecast.
Wondershare Player is an all-in-one Video Player & Video Discovery to “Discover latest videos to watch online & offline. It supports a wide variety of file formats. It also works with subtitles, video streaming, and Chromecast.
- It supports all the video and audio formats.
- It supports subtitles.
- It supports continuous playback and can automatically remember your last played position.
- Supports HTTP, MMS, RTMP and RTSP/RTP streaming media protocols, including m3u8 (iPhone and iPad online media format).
- Provides a search function to help you quickly find the files you want to play.
- When you are visiting a stream media website, Wondershare Player will run automatically and save the web address.
Kodi® is a free Android video player app. It allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music. You can stream movies, watch TV shows, live channels, play games and do a lot more. It automatically adds posters, fan art, and trailers etc to the imported media.
- Support ALL video formats.
- Supports network streams.
- It supports subtitles.
- It is available on nearly all major platforms
- Automatically adds posters, fan art, and trailers etc.
Did this list help you find the best Android video player app? If I missed any of the best video players for Android, let me know in the comments box! Find this list useful, don’t forget to share it!
You may also like:
Leave a Reply