I always say that WordPress is one of the best CMS (content management system) in the world and 32% website is powered by WordPress. With its help, you can easily create any type of website, from a simple blog to an e-commerce site.
But recently one of our users asked can you tell me some of the best WordPress alternatives.
If you are also looking for WordPress alternatives, then you are at the right place. In this tutorial, I will tell you about 10 best WordPress competitors.
Popular WordPress Alternatives
WordPress is the #1 blogging platform. But for some reasons you want to start your site on the other platform rather than WordPress. Here is a list of WordPress alternatives.
Blogger is one of the popular alternatives to WordPress developed by Google. It is completely free. You can use it to create anything from magazine to shopping to blogging to portfolio sites at zero cost.
Blogger platform is very easy to use and better for the learning stage. Millions of people use it. If you want to create your site on Blogger, you will only need one email. Here is a tutorial on how to create a free blog on Blogger.
Bad thing about this platform, you can not get 100% full control over your blog. But great for starting.
Here is a Pro and Cons of Blogger.
- Completely free for lifetime.
- You can start your online business with an Email.
- You can apply for Adsense from its dashboard.
- No need of hosting. You do not have to spend money on hosting separately.
- You can not get full control over your blog.
- Customizations are limited.
- Not Powerful Like WordPress.
- Give limited storage
Wix.com is a free cloud-based website builder, which is suitable for personal or a small business website. It comes with great pre-made templates. In addition, you can customize your template by using its drag and drop interface.
With Wix, you can create a website within a minute without coding. WiX is an excellent WordPress alternative that allows you to create a beautiful website with drag and drop builder.
Here is a Pro and Cons of Wix.
- No coding needed.
- Responsive pre-designed templates.
- When you create a page, you can add animation, video backgrounds and scroll effects.
- Once you’ve set up a template, you can not use another.
- Show ads on Free plan
Weebly is another great WordPress alternative that allows creating a professional, mobile-optimized site using drag and drop builder. In addition, you can get Website stats, password protection, membership registration with Weebly’s
With Weebly, you can create any kind of website from an online store to portfolio sites to blog. 50 million sites in the world are powered by Weebly.
It has a wide range of beautifully designed templates that you can use for your website, blog or online store.
Here is a Pro and Cons of Weebly.
- Lots of tools which help your blog grow quickly.
- Wide range of beautiful themes.
- Great support.
- Display ads in Free plan.
- Limited storage.
- Traffic stats is not available in free plan.
After WordPress, Joomla is the world’s second most popular content management system and used by millions of users. It is considered the best WordPress competitor. Joomla
Like WordPress, it has large communities support where Joomla users can get extensive documentation and supports. It supports almost all of the hostings.
Here is a Pro and Cons of Joomla.
- Great for static websites, NGO websites, eCommerce site etc.
- Offers tons of pre-made templates.
- Huge extensions directory.
- Official theme not available.
- Not user-friendly like WordPress.
Drupal is also a very popular and powerful content management system (CMS). With it, you create any kind of website from healthcare to eCommerce to media and publishing. Drupal is also a very good competitor of WordPress CMS.
Drupal is the most secure platform and impossible to hack a website hosted on it. If you are serious about website security then you can go for Drupal. Drupal also support Yoast, MailChimp, Google analytics etc.
Here is a Pro and Cons of Drupal.
- SEO friendly.
- Great Security.
- Support all kinds of hosting.
- Uses Drupal Big Pipe to boost your website speed.
- To customize or create a website you need technical knowledge.
- Drupal’s user interface is little hard, since great for developers.
Ghost is a open source professional publishing platform, focused on blogging. It is a great platform for bloggers that provide a clean writing experience.
Here is a Pro and Cons of Ghost.
- Free SSL certificate.
- CDN with paid plans.
- Automatic weekly updates.
- Mostly useful for publishers and writers.
Medium platform is used by million of people. It comes with a minimalistic and simple user interface. If you are only looking for a writing and publishing platform, then you can check the medium. Apart from this, if you spend $5 a month, you can take advantage of additional features and benefits. It looks great on all devices and screen sizes.
Here is Pro and Cons of Medium.
- Only focused on publishing and writing.
- Completely free.
- Powerful for publishers, writers and content creators.
- Does not give full control.
Squarespace is a paid platform, but you can use its trial version for14 days. Millions of people use Squarespace. It comes with pre-made templates that you can customize. Also, takes care of SEO and technical issue.
Here is Pro and Cons of Squarespace.
- Free SSL included with each plan
- SEO features such as automatic tagging, clean URLs, automatic redirects etc.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Expensive compared to other WordPress alternatives.
tumblr is a very popular platform used by over 454 million to make blog. It is simple and easy to use that allow to put stories, photos, GIFs, TV shows, links, quips, dumb jokes, smart jokes, Spotify tracks, mp3s, videos, fashion, art, deep stuff. Also, offer pre-made templates.
Here is Pro and Cons of tumblr.
- Only focused on blogging.
- Easy to Use.
- You can follow other popular
- Not much SEO friendly.
- If you have started blogging with the intention of earning, then it is not for you.
Shopify is also a paid amazing eCommerce platform. If you want create online store, Shopify is a great WordPress alternatives. You can try Shopify free for 14 days without payment information.
With it, you can easily set up an
- You can start your online store within minutes.
- Hosted on Shopify servers. So you do not have to worry about servers, hosting, bandwidth.
- It has an app store( Available Free and Paid apps).
- Very Expensive.
WordPress is the #1 platform. But due to its popularity hackers and spammers target it more. For this reason, many users search for WordPress CMS alternatives.
Here I have listed some popular WordPress alternatives, they are all SEO friendly but if you are looking for out of box SEO friendly platform like WordPress, go for Joomla or Squarespace. But if you are looking for security, then you should go with Drupal.
Carefully check these WordPress alternatives and choose the right platform for building your blog or website.
Share it and leave comments below what you think about these popular WordPress alternatives.