Gmail is a free service from Google that gives us the ability to create an email. In today’s era, there will be someone who will not have an email ID.
But creating a Gmail ID is not enough. If someone hacks an email account, they can misuse it.
Today in this article, I am going to tell you one such feature of Gmail that helps in protecting account from hackers: How to enable 2 step verification in Gmail account
What is Two-Step Verification in Gmail
This is a great way to protect a Gmail account. When we enable 2 step verification and login to a Gmail account, the Google team sends a 6 digit code message to the registered mobile number. After entering the Google verification code, we will be able to log into our Gmail account.
Why You Should Start Using Two-Factor Authentication Now
Nothing on the Internet is completely safe. Hackers hack the accounts of some users and then misuse them. After this, we have to face many problems. That is why it is very important to enable 2FA on your accounts.
Now you have a better understanding of what is two-step verification in Gmail? And why you should set up 2 step verification in Gmail.
Now let’s get started how to activate 2 step verification on Gmail…
How to Enable Two-step Verification in Gmail Account
1. First, log in to your Gmail account and then click on “My Account” by clicking on your Gmail icon.
2. Next, click on “Sign-in & security“.
3. Scroll down to the Password & sign-in method section and click on “2 Step Verification“.
4. Now a new page will open. In this page, you have to click on the “GET STARTED” button.
5. Enter your account password again. After that hit on Next button.
6. In the next page, you have to fill all the information.
- Enter your mobile number on which you want to set 2 step verification.
- You will see two options here. Text message and voice call. I think the text message is much better than a voice call.
- Click on the Send button.
7. You will get 6 digit OTP via SMS. Enter that OTP and click on Next.
8. Now you have to click on the “Turn on” button and 2 step verification will be enabled on your Gmail.
congratulation! You have enabled 2-Step Verification on your Gmail account.
To check this, you can login in a different browser. After entering the email ID and password, you will have to enter the OTP and the OTP will be sent to your verified phone number.
Hope you find the post useful!
You may also like: