Do you want to Enable 2 step verification in Gmail Account? Then read this post carefully. Because in this post we will discuss the Gmail 2 step verification.
So let’s start how to set up two-step verification Gmail………..
In today’s era, There will be someone who will not have an email ID. People communicate with each other via email. Gmail is a free service from Google that gives us the ability to create an email.
But creating a Gmail ID is not enough. It is also very important to keep it safe because if someone hacks our email account then he can misuse it. That’s why we need to keep Gmail ID safe.
Today we are going to tell you a feature of Gmail that helps keep our account safe from hackers. We are going to tell you about How to enable 2 step verification in Gmail Account.
If you are an internet user, you know that nothing on the internet is completely safe. Hackers hack Millions of sites every day and there are many hackers who hack some users account and then misuse them. After this, we have faced many problems. That’s why if you have an online user, then you have to protect your account.
If you use the Internet, you will need an email id at everywhere. If you create your account on any site, you will need an email id for it. Because big and famous companies provide information to their users via email. That’s why email id is required to create an online account and if you have not an email id, then you can not become a part of that company’s site.
You know that Google has many services and if you create an account in Gmail, you will be able to use all of Google’s services. You will need a Gmail account to use Google Plus. Apart from this, you must have a Gmail or Google account to access Google’s services such as PlayStore, YouTube, AdSense etc.
With the increase in the number of internet users, the number of hackers is also increasing on the Internet.
There are many types of hackers on the internet. Most hackers hack the websites and steal data from them. Hackers also hack our Gmail ID. That’s why we need to Enable 2 step verification Gmail Account to keep it safe.
What is Two-Step Verification
This is a great way to protect Gmail account. When we enable this Enable 2 step verification and when we login into the Gmail account, the Google team sends us a message on our registered mobile number, it has 6 digit code. after entering google verification code we will be able to log in our Gmail account.
After enabling this, our account will be protected from hackers. Because when a hacker login to our account, Then he will need an OTP i.e. 6 digit code which will come on our mobile number and without entering google verification code (OTP), no one can login to our Gmail account.
How to Enable 2 step verification Gmail Account
After reading the above article, you have understood that what is two-step verification? Now we are going to tell you how to setup 2 step verification for Gmail. Follow the given steps to enable Gmail 2 step verification :
1. First, log in to your Gmail account and then click on “My Account” by clicking on your Gmail icon.
2. After that click on “Sign-in & security“.
3. Now scroll down to Password & sign-in method section and click on “2 Step Verification“.
4. Now a new page will open. In this page, you have to click on “GET STARTED” button.
5. Now you have to enter the account password again. After entering the password hit on Next button.
6. Now a new page will open. In which you have to fill all the information.
- Here Enter your mobile number. On which you want to setup 2 step verification Gmail.
- Now here are two options. Text message and voice call. I think the text message is much better than a voice call.
- Click on the Send button.
7. Now the phone number you enter, it will get 6 digit OTP through SMS. Enter that OTP and click Next.
8. Now you have to click on the “Turn on” button. After clicking on it, 2 step authentication Gmail is enabled on your account.
In this way, you can turn on 2 step verification in your Gmail account. To check this, you can login in a different browser. After entering the Email ID and Password you will need to enter the OTP and the OTP will be sent to your verified phone number.
You can comment for any questions related to this “2 step verification settings in Gmail Account”.
If you like this article “How to Enable 2 step verification in Gmail Account”, please do not forget to share it on Twitter, Google+ and facebook…..