But before reducing JS and CSS, we will know why it is important.
If you install the Fast Velocity Minify plugin on your site, it reduces your web page size and speeds up your WordPress website.
Website loading speed is a very important factor for good SEO. Apart from this, a fast loading website improves the user experience and get a better rank in search engine result.
About Fast Velocity Minify Plugin
This plugin includes options for developers and advanced users, however, the default settings should work just fine for most sites.
- Merge JS and CSS files into groups to reduce the number of HTTP requests
- Google Fonts merging, inlining and optimization
- Handles scripts loaded both in the header & footer separately
- Keeps the order of the scripts even if you exclude some files from minification
- Minifies CSS and JS with PHP Minify only, no third party software or libraries needed.
- Creates static cache files in the uploads directory.
- Preserves your original files, by duplicating and copying those files to the uploads directory
- Option to Minify HTML, remove extra info from the header and other optimizations.
- Ability to turn off minification for JS, CSS or HTML (purge the cache to see it)
- Ability to turn off CSS or JS merging completely (so you can debug which section causes conflicts and exclude the offending files)
… and many more features are available.
Now let’s get started how to configure Fast Velocity Minify settings…
Fast Velocity Minify Settings
First, you need to install and activate Fast Velocity Minify plugin on your site.
After activating the plugin, click on Setting >> Fast Velocity Minify. This will redirect you to the plugin’s setup page. As you can see in the lower screenshot,
Now, click on the “Setting” tab and follow the screenshot below for Fast Velocity Minify best settings.
After that, click on the “Save Changes” button.
Congratulation! You have successfully configured Fast Velocity Minify settings to your site.
However, its default settings work well for most sites.
Also, Fast Velocity Minify plugin provides advanced settings for advanced users and developers.
Its alternative you can use Autoptimize plugin. Here is Autoptimize Best Settings
Find this article helpful? Don’t forget to share!