When Google ranks a webpage, it uses hundreds of ranking factors, but backlinks are a supreme ranking signal in all of them.
If you want to rank on the first page of Google, you need to build high quality backlinks. But low-quality backlinks greatly hurt your site traffic and ranking.
In this article, you’re going to learn how to get backlinks.
Brief Descriptions of The Content
What is Backlinks
Backlinks can make a huge change in your website traffic and ranking.
Backlinks are incoming links to a webpage. Backlinks are the key metric for ranking a webpage. A page with a lot of backlinks tends to perform better in Google.
Here I am going to give you some term related to backlinks that will help you understand backlinks more clearly.
- Internal Links – are links that go from one page on a domain to a different page on the same domain.
- External Links – When you add a link to another site (another domain) in your post, it is called external linking.
- Link Juice – When a site links to your article or homepage, it passes link juice. This link juice helps to increase your Domain Authority and site ranking.
- No-follow Links – When a site links to a web page but sets the no-follow tag for it. This link does not pass the link juice. The No-follow tag is especially used for spammy or unrelated sites. These links do not play any role in increasing website ranking.
- Do-follow Links – When you link a webpage to your site, it is do-follow by default and this link passes “link juice”.
Low QualityLinks – These links hurt your site rankings very much. Such links come from harvested sites, automated sites, and spam sites.
- Anchor Text – This is a clickable text in a hyperlink. They provide relevant information to both visitors and search engine. Also, improve your ranking.
- Linking Root Domain – are the number of unique domains linking to your domain or page. If a website has linked to your blog ten times, it will only be considered as one linked root domain.
What are the Benefits of Backlinks
If you want to succeed in blogging, organic traffic is very important and quality backlinks are required for organic traffic.
As I already told you, backlinks can make a big difference in your website traffic and ranking.
The higher the number of backlinks on your site, you will get better ranking and traffic.
Here are the benefits of quality backlinks:
1. Search Engines Index Your Site Fast
If you publish quality content on your blog, but you do not have Backlinks, then your content can take a while to index in the search engine.
On the other hand, there are a lot of quality backlinks on your site, then your content will index in the search engine in a few minutes.
2. Improve Your Search Ranking
Backlinks help to improve your search ranking. If you get quality backlinks from high DA sites, then your site will perform better in the search result.
3. Boost Referral Traffic
Backlinks help to boost your referral traffic.
Traffic that comes to your blog from a link or another blog, is called Referral Traffic. This traffic is highly targeted and help to reduce your site’s Bounce Rate.
4. Enhances Your Brand Awareness
When a popular blog links your content, the visitors of that blog know about your site. But your content should be very good and helpful, then someone will link your content.
The best thing about backlinks is that they help to create a new relationship with another site.
5. Works As a Promotion
You can use Backlink as a promotion. Suppose you have a friend when you link his website to your website and introduce to your visitor, it becomes a kind of promotion.
How to Monitor Backlinks
Below, I have mentioned the best backlink analysis tools that come with lots of features and provide a great overview of your link profile. Check them out…
SEMrush is also one of my favourite tools that helps track your competitors along with backlink audit and analytics. However, its free version comes with very limited features and premium version starts from $99.95/month.
Ahrefs are the best SEO tools like SEMrush. The tools you get with Ahrefs:
- Competitive Analysis
- Keyword Research
- Backlink Research
- Content Research
- Rank Tracking
- Web Monitoring
Moz’s Link Explorer is another best SEO tools that analyze inbound links, linking domain, anchor text, spam score and more. You can use it for free with limited features.
This tool gives a great report for your site. You can see the following things:
- Alexa Traffic Rank
- Ranking Keyword
- Sites Linking
- Search Analytics
- Similar Sites
- website loading speed
SEOquake is a free SEO Chrome Extensions that gives you useful tools such as SEO Audit tool, the Keyword Density report, Internal/External Link analysis, and even social metrics.
SpyFu is a competitor keyword research tool. This tool is great to analyze and stay ahead of the competitors’ website.
Majestic is the most popular name in the SEO industry. It comes with countless useful features and its Site Explorer feature allows you to easily see a general overview of your website and the number of backlinks.
Serpstat is a powerful tool for Backlinks Analysis, Rank Tracking, Keyword Research, Competitor Analysis and Site Audit.
This tool allows checking page metrics, off-page metrics, domain authority, backlinks, Moz metrics, keyword usage, website speed etc. This is the best free SEO tool and you will not need any payment for this.
Backlinks shows you the number of links pointing to any domain or URL. It has a advanced filter options that make it easy to identify the best link opportunities for you. You can filter links by region, anchor text, domain score, page score, and even by URL.
Now you have a better understanding – what is Backlink and what are its benefits and how to monitor them.
So let me now tell you the best ways to make high quality backlinks for the website.
How to Create Quality Backlinks
Building high-quality backlinks is not an easy task. But by following the right technique and our article, you can easily get quality backlinks for your blog.
1. Publish Quality Content on Your Blog
If you want to create high-quality backlinks for your blog, then your first step will be – publish quality content on the blog. So that another website or blog link your content.
This is the best way to get backlinks. This step helps you to get do-follow backlinks.
Apart from this, quality content increases the number of visitors to your blog and your blog ranks well in SERPs.
Here is a process:
- First, find a keyword related to your niche.
- Then search for your keyword and check out the first page results.
- Find a content that’s already performed well.
- Now, create 10x better content than what you found.
2. Submit Guest Post to the Top Blog
Guest blogging is one of the best ways to get backlinks, drive targeted traffic, grow your audience, more exposure and have the opportunity to build relationships with other influencers.
But the blog on which you submit guest posts should be related to your blog, trustworthy and high dA and PA.
When writing a guest post, keep in mind one thing, you are writing in front of great and successful bloggers. One small mistake and you will lose your reputation. Also, your guest post will never be approved on that blog in Future.
Use Google search queries to find blogs accepting guest post:
- “guest post”
- “guest blogger”
- “become a guest blogger”
- “submit blog post”
- “guest post guidelines”
- “guest blog guidelines”
- “contribute to our site”
- “this is a guest post by”
- “contributing writer”
- “want to write for”
- “submit content”
- “submit your content”
- “write for us”
- “guest article”
- “guest posts wanted”
- “submit news”
- “submit post”
- “write for us” Your Keyword
- “guest post” Your Keyword
- “submit content” Your Keyword
Apart from this, here I have prepared a list of the website which accepts guest posts – Guest Post Sites List
3. Broken Link Building Method
This method works perfectly to create backlinks. Just you have to contact the website owner to report the broken link.
And for that broken link you can recommend other websites (your own website). This increases the chances of getting backlinks on your website.
So, first, find relevant websites in your niche. Next, use these search queries on Google.
- your keyword + links
- your keywords + resources
- keywords inurl:links
To easily find broken links on any pages, you can use Check My Links Chrome extension.
4. Submit Your Article and E-book to Document Sharing Websites
This is another best way to get quality backlinks. Submit your articles and eBooks to document sharing websites.
In addition, you can convert your popular and well researched content into pdf file and submit them to document sharing websites.
This helps you get high-quality backlinks.
5. Create Backlinks Through Infographics
Infographics are one of the best ways to increase traffic to your website and creating valuable backlinks.
People prefer visual content more and the demand for infographics has also increased a lot. Because they’re easy to understand and share.
Apart from this, you can ask other blogs related to your niche to share your Infographics. When they do this, you get a backlink for your website.
6. Social Networking Site Profile
This method helps you to create most dofollow backlinks.
Just create an account on the popular social networking site and then create a page for your website. In the profile page, you will see a website option. Just enter your website URL. This helps you to build high-quality backlinks.
There are many social bookmarking and social networking sites that allow you to add a website link to bio/profile.
7. Create Internal Links
Linking one page to another page in the same domain called Internal Linking. It connects one page to another page on your website.
Internal links are considered a key factor for improving website ranking and pageview and decreasing the bounce rate of your website.
With proper internal linking, you can help the visitor navigate from one page to another and increase the overall user experience.
Here are some of the benefits of internal linking:
- Makes your content more informative.
- Helps search engines better crawl and index your site.
- Increase older post rank and pageviews.
- Reduce the bounce rate (Visitor stay on the website for a long time).
Always avoid automatic internal linking. Because they are not effective. Here are some reasons:
- Plugins and tools internal linking without understanding – which page requires the most juice or which page is best for linking.
- Depending on the size of your site, a plugin can create 1k+ exact match anchor text internal links overnight. Which leads your site to penalty.
- Internal linking help users to find related content on your site. But, plugins never think to add an internal link.
8. Promote Your Content
If you have great content and you will not get backlinks until you promote it properly.
Promotion increases your website traffic and the number of backlinks. Also, Google uses social signals as a ranking factor. Here I have published the ultimate guide:
9. Keep Eye on Your Competitors
If you are serious, keep an eye on each of your competitors’ activities (link-building and content marketing). Here I have listed some best SEO tools that will help you do this.
In addition, subscribe to their email newsletters, follow them on social media and create a Google alert for them: site: youretpetpetener.com
This will help you find their best backlinks, where they create backlinks and what strategies they are using to promote their website.
After knowing where and how your competitors are making backlinks, try to get the link from there and that way.
10. Write Testimonials
Most companies use testimonials to attract customer and they’ll display them on their homepage. You can offer to give a testimonial to a company for a link back to your website.
…and by writing testimonials for them, you can also easily get quality backlinks. With this method, you will only take a few minutes and you can get a link from an authority website.
11. Answer on Quora
Quora is a question-and-answer website where anyone chooses to either ask questions or to answer them.
You can find questions related to your niche, answer them and include your blog link. This not only helps you get more backlinks but it increases your brand awareness and encourages users to visit your site.
In addition, you can join “Spaces” related to your site niche on Quora and share your article.
Bonus Tips – How to Create High PR Backlinks for Any Site
Backlinks with High PR sites increase your Domain Authority and website ranking very fast. Here I am going to tell you about some sites to get High PR Backlinks.
YouTube’s Alexa Rank is 2 and getting do-follow backlinks from YouTube is very easy.
- First, log in to your YouTube channel.
- Click on My channel.
- Go to >> About.
- Add your site link to link area.
- Then click on the save button.
- First, log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to about section
- Click on contact and basic info option.
- Then add your blog link to link option.
- First, create an account on WordPress.com and create a free new blog.
- After this, publish an article.
- When writing articles, add the link to your blog.
- Apply WordPress.com process.
- First, create an account on blogadda.com.
- Click on the My account.
- Here you will see Submit your blog.
- Now, add your blog’s description and URL then submit it.
- First, visit the Firefox website & create an account.
- After that, log in to your account and click on the “Edit profile”.
- Now enter your details and Website URL then click on the “Update Account”.
- Create your account on Amazon.com
- Then login to your account and click on the Account & list >> Your Account.
- Now scroll down your page and click on the Profile.
- A new page will open, click on the “Edit your profile”.
- Here you add your website URL and also Social profile link.
- First, visit IndiBlogger.in.
- Enter your details & Blog URL.
- Then verify your email address or phone number.
- Now, wait until the blog is verified.
Backlinks are a super important Google ranking signal. But creating quality backlinks can sometimes be challenging.
…Now you have a comprehensive guide to get backlinks. So just start.
If you build backlinks from more authoritative websites, the better rankings and traffic you’ll get.
Find this article helpful? Don’t forget to share!
You May Also Like: