Do you want to block your SBI ATM card? If you have lost your ATM card (or if the card has been stolen) and received a message about any malicious activity using the card, then you need to block it immediately.
Immediate SBI ATM Card Block prevents any possibility of fraud and unauthorized transactions by the card. The State Bank of India (SBI) allows its customers to block debit/ATM cards in multiple ways.
In this article I’m going to share some simple steps on how to block SBI ATM Card through net banking, SMS or customer care.
Brief Descriptions of The Content
How to Block SBI ATM Card
Block SBI ATM cum Debit Card through OnlineSBI
- Login to www.onlinesbi.com with your username and password.
- Select “ATM Card Services>Block ATM Card” link under the “e-Services” tab.
- Select the Account, under which you want to block your ATM cum Debit Card.
- All the Active and blocked cards will be displayed. You will be shown the first 4 and last 4 digits of the card(s).
- Select the Card, you wish to block and click “Submit”. Verify the details and confirm.
- Select the mode of authentication as either SMS OTP or Profile Password.
- On the next screen, enter the OTP password /Profile password as chosen earlier and Click “Confirm”.
- A success message would be displayed with a Ticket No. after successful blocking of your ATM cum Debit Card. Note this Ticket No. for future reference.
How to Block SBI ATM Card by Sms
To block the SBI ATM cum Debit Card, send a text message “BLOCK XXXX” to 567676 from your registered mobile number. Here XXXX is the last four digits of your SBI Card… And your ATM card will be blocked.
How to Block SBI ATM Card by Phone Call
You can also block your ATM card by calling Customer Care. Call 18004253800 or 1800112211 to block SBI ATM card. After that customer care will ask you for bank details for verification. And then your ATM card will be blocked.
How to Block SBI ATM Card by Mobile App
- Login to your account on SBI Card mobile app.
- Tap on “Menu” at the top left hand and click on “Service Request “
- Tap on the “Report Lost/Stolen” card.
- Select the card number which is lost or stolen.
- Tap on “Submit”… and that’s it.
How Will I Know Whether My Card Is Blocked or Not?
After successful submission of the request through any of the above methods, you will receive a block confirmation via SMS and mail in your registered mobile number and email id.
In case you do not receive a block confirmation, please call the SBI Card helpline 39 02 02 02 (prefix local STD Code) or 1860 180 1290.
Once a credit card is blocked, the same card cannot be re-activated. When a card is reissued, a replacement card with a different number is sent to your registered mailing address. However, please note that blocking your card does not lead to the closure of your credit card account.
How To Apply For Reissue/New SBI ATM Card Online?
After you have blocked the SBI ATM card, you may want to apply for a new one. The step is given below…
Log on to sbicard.com > Click on the ‘Request”> Click on “Reissue/Replace Card” > Select the card number > Click ‘Submit.
Hope this article helps you to block SBI ATM Card. Find this article helpful? Don’t forget to share!
More articles related to bank:
Leave a Reply