It is mandatory to have a mobile number registered in your bank account. This not only helps to keep track of all your transactions but also helps to know immediately if there are unauthorized transactions in your bank account.
If your mobile number is not registered in your SBI bank account, do not worry. Today in this article, I will tell you how to register a mobile number in SBI Bank account.
Why It is Important to Register a Mobile Number in a Bank Account
It is a good thing to have a mobile number registered in the bank. It helps in tracking all your transactions. Apart from this, you can access the following services like:
- Balance Enquiry
- Mini Statement
- E-Statement – last 6 month
- … and many more
How to Register Mobile Number in SBI
There are many ways to register mobile number in SBI. Here I am going to tell you the methods:
Method 1: SBI Mobile Number Registration Through ATM
If your mobile number is not registered with SBI Bank, then you can register your mobile number by going to your branch or SBI ATM.
Here’s how to register mobile number in SBI through an ATM:
- Swipe your card and choose the ‘Registration’ option from the menu.
- Enter your ATM PIN.
- Now select Mobile number registration (or New registration) option.
- Enter the mobile number you want to register in your SBI bank account. If you have entered the correct number, then click on the Correct option.
- Re-enter your mobile number and select the Correct option. As you do this, a message will appear on the ATM screen: “Thank you for registering your mobile number with us”…
- A reference number will be sent via SMS to your mobile number. You will have to keep this code with you.
- You will receive a call from SBI Call Center within three days. For security, ask the reference number from call centre executive. If he speaks the correct reference number, continue the call otherwise cut the call.
- Now, he will ask you some personal information about your bank account. If the information given by you is correct, then your mobile number will be registered in your SBI bank account.
Method 2: SBI Mobile Number Registration Through Bank Branch
If you are having trouble registering the mobile number in your SBI account through the steps mentioned above, you can go to the bank branch and register mobile number to the bank.
Just go to your bank branch and take SBI mobile number registration form and you will have to fill some information such as Account number, Customer ID, Mobile number (which you want to register).
After filling the SBI mobile number registration form, submit it to the bank’s employee. Now your mobile number will be registered to your bank within 24 hours.
That’s it…! Hope this post helped you to register mobile number in your SBI bank account. Find this article helpful? Don’t forget to share!