Do you want to display the last updated date of your posts in your Genesis theme? Last updated date or last modified date helps in increasing Click Through Rate (CTR) from SERPs. It also makes an impression on the visitor that your content is up-to-date. Today in this article, I’m going to show you how to add last updated date of your posts in any Genesis theme.
How to Display the Last updated Date of Posts in Genesis Theme
If you always update to keep your content up-to-date, it’s a good idea to show Last-Updated/ Modified date in the post instead of the published date. As I said before, it makes a good impression on the visitor and shows your content up-to-date.
If you use the Genesis theme, you can easily show last updated date for your post and it will only take about two minutes.
Here I’ll tell you the easiest way to add a last updated date of your posts in any Genesis theme.
So, let’s get started…
1. First, install and activate Genesis simple edits plugin on your site.
2. After activating click on Genesis >> Simple Edits.
3. Here click on “Show available entry meta shortcodes” and copy the shortcode from the list. You can see in the screenshot below.
4. Now add the following shortcode in Entry Meta (above content) field.
5. Now click the save changes button.
Congratulation! you’ve successfully added last updated date of your posts to your site.
Here you can see more shortcodes that you can add to your site as per your need.
What did you think of today’s post? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
Find this tutorial helpful? Don’t forget to share!