How to install and download windows 10 operating system free
Upgradation of Microsoft’s latest desktop operating system Windows 10 is available in 190 countries. If you want to use the Windows 10 operating system You can install and download windows 10 operating system by following the instructions given below.
Users of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 will get free update windows 10 10. However, the user who uses an older version of Windows then he will have to buy Window 10 OS. To download and install a copy of Windows 10 will depend on this way that Which operating system is present in your computer? The method for different operating systems will be slightly different. If you do not know much about it then this guide will work for you. First of all, make sure your system meets the minimum requirements of Windows 10.
Also read :
The easiest way to get Windows 10. Visit Microsoft’s website and download the Windows 10 ISO file. Looking at the size of the download, you will need fast internet. Also keep a blank USB or DVD drive. Which can burn the ISO file later. Through this you will be able to run the setup on your machine.
Install and download windows 10 operating system
1. windows 8 or windows 7 upgrade windows 10 :
- Open Windows Update (Search Windows Update in Start Menu or Start Screen)
- If your computer can upgrade, you will see an upgrade to Windows 10 option. If updates are not available, you will have to manually save a copy of Windows 10. If you can not wait then download the Windows 10 ISO. If an update of Windows 10 comes, your computer will start downloading new updates automatically.
2. Download Force for Windows 10 Upgrade
By the way, there is also a Force download method for the Windows 10 upgrade in the Windows 7 or Windows 8.x operating system. You follow the instructions given below.
It is for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 (Windows 8 users will need to upgrade in Windows 8.1) and it does not need any special technical knowledge.
- Navigate to “C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution \ Download” folder (replace the C with the name of the drive in which Windows is installed on your system) and delete all the files.
- Press the Windows key to open the search. Type “Windows Update” in this which will take you to the Windows Update page. Users can also use the system’s control panel settings to access this page.
- To open the search bar once again, press the Windows key and type “cmd”. This will give you a drop down of the Command Prompt with which many more options will be available. Do not select the Command Prompt option, choose Run as Administrator. You can choose this by right-clicking on the option.
- Once the Administrator: Command Prompt box opens, type “wuauclt.exe updatenow” but do not press enter button.
- Once again go back to Windows Update menu page. Select the Check for updates option on the right side of the screen. After clicking, Windows Update will see “Checking for updates …”.
- In the meantime, go to the Command Prompt box and press Enter for the command you typed before. After this message will be written on the Windows Update page, Windows 10 is downloading.
Keep in mind that this update size is around 6GB. So before downloading this update, check the limits of your internet data. Back up all important files and folders.
3. For Windows XP User
- Buy a copy of Windows 10 from retail stores.
- Plug in a Windows 10 USB drive into your computer or insert the Windows 10 disk in the DVD drive.
- reboot your computer.
- Change the standard boot preference to boot from your USB or DVD drive. To do so, pressing Esc or F1 (key) are going to be needed before the booting process starts. However, these commands will also depend on your system’s motherboard manufacurer.
- To move forward, press any key and select Next on the screen.
- Then click Install.
If you would like to keep your existing OS and files, then choose the first option or by choosing Custom, you’ll be able to replace your system’s current OS fully from Windows 10.
Also read :
If you have chosen the second option, you will need to install Windows 10 on an existing partition or you will have to first create a new partition by deleting old partition. In both cases, the options will remain on your screen. Click Next when everything is done.
- Now Windows 10 will start installing on your computer. This process will run for 1 hour and also depend on your computer configuratioin.
If you are using the Windows 10 Developer preview then You have not do anything special. Microsoft will automatically download the latest updates to your system and move you to the most recent version of Windows 10.
i hope this post “How to install and download windows 10 operating system free” is helpful for you to windows 10 upgrade.