Website loading speed plays an important role to increase website ranking. Therefore, we use a variety of techniques to improve website loading speed, such as cache plugin, images optimization. As well as, we also use CDN (Content Delivery Network) to speed up website load time.
Google has already cleared that If your website loads faster in search engines, then your search engine rankings will improve. So here we will discuss How to Speed up WordPress site by setup Cloudflare CDN.
If you want to use a paid CDN to speed up website loading time, MAXCDN will be the best for you but if you use free CDN or your budget is low then you can use Cloudflare CDN and it works well on your site.
What is Cloudflare CDN
Cloudflare CDN (Content Delivery Network) is a very popular caching plugin which helps to improve website load time & site performance. Apart from this, Cloudflare Network protects your blog from spam, illegal, things by scanning incoming traffic to your blog.
Cloudflare CDN increase strengthens the security of your websites, and it also filters your website traffic. Cloudflare servers do not allow spam traffic to your website.
Cloudflare CDN’s basic feature is completely free. You can also enjoy the advance feature using Cloudflare paid version.
Methods to Cloudflare CDN Setup
- Some web hosting companies come with Cloudflare integration so that you can install Cloudflare CDN on your site from cPanel with one click.
If you want to check that your web hosting company has provided the option to Setup Cloudflare CDN or not.
First of all, log in to your web hosting and go to cPanel. Here you will see a Cloudflare logo then it means Cloudflare is available in your web hosting company. You can see the screenshots below,
But, in this articles, I’ll tell you how to configure Cloudflare CDN manually……
How to Setup Cloudflare CDN for WordPress Blog
Here, I’ll tell you step by step guide to Setup Cloudflare CDN for WordPress Blog.
1. First, visit http://www.cloudflare.com/ and create a new Cloudflare CDN account.
2. In the next step, you will need to enter your website’s URL. Like the screenshot below.
3. After entering the URL, Cloudflare network will scan records of your entire domain. It takes few seconds to complete the process. After the scan is completed, a new page will come in front of you where you can confirm that all your records have been successfully transferred. Then click on the Continue button
4. In this page, choose the Cloudflare pricing plan to Setup Cloudflare CDN on WordPress Blog. Cloudflare’s Basic plan is completely free. You can also choose a paid plan to get more great features of Cloudflare network.
If you want to use it only for caching, then you should use its basic plan which is absolutely free.
In it, you can choose the performance level according to your own. Medium security setting is great to secure your website from spam, bots and attacks. Apart from this, you can also choose higher security level.
5. Cloudflare CDN provided two DNS name servers, You will need to update both the DNS nameserver by visiting the Domain Name Management Dashboard. After updating, it may take up to 24 hours to live.
Now, you have successfully install Cloudflare CDN on WordPress Blog.
Some Important Features after Setup Cloudflare CDN
Here I have listed some features that will help you to use Cloudflare in a great way. You can access these features from the top panel of the Cloudflare Dashboard.
With the help of Analytics, you can see more information about your website like page views, number of crawled pages, bandwidth, and many more.
2. Rocket Loader
This is a great feature by which you can improve website speed. But I have not enabled this feature on my blog and also recommend you to keep it disabled.
There are many more features that you can see in Cloudflare free account.
Cloudflare WordPress plugin
You can install Cloudflare CDN on your WordPress blog very easily with the help of Cloudflare plugin. Cloudflare WordPress plugin protects your website and also prevents spam comments coming to your website.
If your blog is on the WordPress platform then you should use Cloudflare free CDN.
Like How to Setup Cloudflare CDN for WordPress Blog? Don’t Forget to share it!