Do you want to make your WordPress site faster? Website loading speed is the most important Google ranking factor. If your site loads fast, your site will rank well in the Google search result. Here, I’m going to tell you the best way how to speed up WordPress with free Cloudflare CDN.
What is Cloudflare
CloudFlare is a CDN (content delivery network) that comes in both free and premium plans. Its main goal is to make your site faster by serving content based on the geographical location of users.
It creates a cached version of your site on its server and provides content to users through servers that are closest to user locations.
Why should Use Cloudflare
Cloudflare CDN speeds up your WordPress site and reduces the load on your hosting server. Here I have shared the best Cloudflare settings that can increase your website performance to a great extent.
Benefits of Cloudflare CDN
- Speed – Improve website loading speed.
- Avoid Crash –Prevents your website from crashing with High Volume Traffic.
- Improve SEO – Cloudflare makes your WordPress website faster and faster website get better rank in Google search result.
How to Setup Cloudflare CDN
After sign up, enter your website’s URL and hit on Being Scan.
Cloudflare will scan records. It takes a few seconds to complete the process. After scanning, a new page will open where you will need to click on the Continue button.
Next, choose the Cloudflare pricing plan and hit on Continue. Its Basic plan is completely free. You can also choose a paid plan to get more great features.
Now Cloudflare will give you two Nameservers to point your Domain on Cloudflare.
Add these Nameservers to your Domain. For this, go to the domain settings and add these nameservers in the Nameservers option.(Delete all existing Nameservers and use only Cloudflare Nameservers for your domain).
After entering Nameserver, go to your Cloudflare Account and click on Recheck Nameservers.
Note: It can take 5 minutes to 24 hours to live your site on Cloudflare.
Now, you have successfully setup Cloudflare for your site.
How to Make WordPress Site Faster with Cloudflare CDN
You do not need to do anything more. You just have to check some boxes.
Furthermore, Its Rocket Loader Option improves paint times.
That’s all! Even if you disable Auto minify and Rocket loader options, your site will load faster.
- Cloudflare will not give you immediate results, you will have to wait for 24 hours.
- If you use a minify plugin on your site, disable Auto Minify and Rocket loader options of Cloudflare.
- Cloudflare works perfectly with most Cache plugins (popular cache plugins).
More Resources on Cloudflare:
- How to Setup CloudFlare Flexible SSL on WordPress
- Pros and Cons of Free Cloudflare CDN
- What is Cloudflare CDN and What are Its Benefits
We’re done, and it’s now your turn! Find this article helpful? Don’t forget to share!