Are you looking for the best fitness tracking apps for Android phones?
In the old days, you needed a notebook for tracking exercises and it required your full attention. But these days, apps and devices can keep track of it all. There are many apps for tracking exercises, step counting and they do their job very well.
Here I have compiled a list of the best fitness tracker apps for Android that comes in many shapes and sizes. Find out which apps below might fit your needs.
Let’s check out the best of our favourite fitness tracker apps for Android…!
The best fitness tracker apps for Android
Running Tracker+ tracks your distance, pace, calories and more. It’s the most accurate running distance/time tracker available on the market, packed into the simplest & most gorgeous interface. It includes access to your music player + voice feedback guiding you as you run towards your target distance/time. It also maintains a history of your runs and improvements over time and shows you a complete log of your running activities.
- Most accurate distance / time tracking available
- Average & current pace tracking
- Running GPS with Maps & running routes
- Calories spent
- Voice feedback letting you know your progress as you run. Customizable per distance / time.
- Run log: run history tracking with monthly averages
- Music player access
FitNotes is a simple fitness tracker app with clean design. You can use it to track your exercise, bodybuilding, cardio, running, and more. It also comes with Routines features that allow you to create a Routine to give you quick access to your most frequently used exercises.
- View and navigate daily workout logs quickly by swiping between them.
- Navigate to a specific day using the inbuilt calendar.
- Add an exercise to the workout log.
- Create custom categories to better suit your training program.
- Create a routine to provide quick access to your most commonly used exercises.
- Name a day whatever you want (Monday, Chest Day, Workout A, etc).
- Tap a day in the calendar to display a popup listing the exercises performed on that day
- Navigate to a specific day’s training log by selecting it in the calendar and hitting ‘Go!’
- Export your training logs in CSV format
Google Fit is Google’s fitness tracking app, collaborating with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you Heart Points, an activity goal that helps improve your health. You can get instant insights when you exercise and see real-time stats for your runs, walks, and bike rides. Google Fit uses your Android phone’s sensors or Wear OS by Google smartwatch’s heart rate sensors to record your speed, pace, route, and more.
- Track your workouts from your phone or watch.
- Monitor your goals.
- Make all your movements count.
- Connect with your favourite apps and devices.
- See a snapshot of your activity history across Fit and your integrated apps.
JEFIT is a workout tracking planner app that provides a free fitness program database to help you stay fit, make progress and get the most out of your gym or home fitness sessions. If you’ve logged your workouts in a journal, planner or just love training at the gym on your own schedule, JEFIT will help you reach your strength, weight and fat loss, and training goals from beginners to advanced lifters.
- Web or App – Track with the app and edit routines.
- With Wear OS app – Easily track progress and stay focused at the gym.
- Track Workouts – Set your exercises, track weights and reps and we’ll show you the results of your training.
- Exercise Instruction Database – Over 1300+ demonstrations and variations with HD video from experts.
- Intuitive Tools – a Swiss army knife for training tools, including rest timer, superset, interval timer, body measurements system, and most importantly, workout routine planner.
- Training Programs – Customized workout programs made for 3, 4 or 5 day splits, fat loss, stronglifts, 5×5, starting strength, bodybuilding, 531, weightlifting, powerlifting, GZCLP, Greyskull, or build your own
- Set Goals – Want to lose weight, get lean, get stronger or exercise consistently? You can build that in JEFIT’s custom journal.
- Rest Timer – Set custom times to remind when to lift.
- Body Measurements and Weekly Planner for Scheduling.
This pedometer app uses a built-in sensor to count your steps. No GPS tracking, so it can greatly save battery. It also tracks your burned calories, walking distance and time, etc. All this information will be clearly displayed in graphs. Just tap the start button, and it starts counting your steps. Whether your phone is in your hand, bag, pocket or armband, it can auto-record your steps even if your screen is locked.
- This step counter uses the built-in sensor to count your steps. No GPS tracking, so it barely consumes battery power.
- All features are 100% FREE. You can use all features without having to pay for them.
- No sign-in required.
- You can pause and start step counting at any time to save power.
- The clean design makes it easy to use.
- Colourful Themes – You can choose your favourite one to enjoy your step counting experience with this step tracker.
- The report graphs are the most innovative ever, helping you track your walking data. You can check your last 24 hours’, weekly and monthly statistics in graphs.
MyFitnessPal gives you access to the biggest food database available—over 14 million foods, including global cuisine and restaurant items. And with a community of 200 million members, you can find endless inspiration and advice as you strive to lose weight, get fit, or keep your nutrition & calories on track. This is the app for you if you want to learn more about yourself and your habits.
- Biggest Food Database – Log to your food diary from over 14 million items.
- Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add from your history, or scan a barcode.
- Calorie Tracker – Automatic calorie calculator shows your real-time calorie deficit and daily progress.
- Macro Tracker – Automatic macro calculator shows carbs, fat & protein breakdown by gram or %.
- Nutrition Insights – Analyze nutrition intake and see how foods compare by calories and macros.
- Custom Goals – Track calories by meal or day and set up nutrient and macro goals.
- Personalized Dashboards – Display your calorie deficit, or switch to a macro tracker or a dashboard with custom nutrition stats.
- Net Carbs Mode – Simplify your low carb diet: View net instead of total carbs.
- Add Your Own Foods – Save recipes and meals to quickly log again and again.
- Track With Wear OS – View calories, macros, and water intake on your watch face.
Runkeeper is another good fitness tracker app that tracks your runs and walks. The app features workout tracking, goals, fitness routines, progress reports, and more. In the app, you can create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
The simplest, cleanest and easy-to-use workout and exercise tracker app for any fitness routine. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced lifter, the Strong app provides everything you need to record your workouts as easily and as quickly as possible. Whether you want to gain strength, build muscle, or just stay healthy, it’s designed to help you get the best results from your workouts.
- The simplest interface.
- A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises.
- Add your own exercises, routines and easily choose between them.
- Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos.
- Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted.
- Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks.
- Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises.
- Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression.
- Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync.
- Built-in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Google Fit.
- Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with.
- Plate Calculator for when the weights get high.
Samsung Health has various features to help you manage your health. The app allows you to automatically record many activities and makes creating a healthy lifestyle easier and simpler than ever. Provides various health records on the Samsung Health home screen. You can easily add and edit the items that you want to manage such as daily steps, activity time, and body weight, simply by long-pressing the screen.
Whether you’re just starting your fitness journey or are a seasoned runner, this app has everything to help you stay on track and achieve your goals. It tracks your workouts and displays your route on a map. When you’re working out, it shows you all kinds of stats that track your performance, including distance and number of steps.
- Workout Routine – Mix it up with a collection of workouts designed by UA Performance Specialists that require minimal equipment.
- Training Plan – Train smarter with a custom running plan fit for your exact running level and goals.
- Sync with the latest apps and most wearables: Google Fit, Android Wear, Garmin, Fitbit, Suunto, etc.
- Get visual, haptic, and audio progress updates in real-time.
- import data to further analyze your workouts.
- Largest selection of activities (over 600!): running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga, etc.
- Real-time audio coaching for common stats like pace, distance, and duration on your runs.
- Routes – find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share with others.
ActivityTracker keep track of your steps, active calories, distance, and active time just by your iPhone or Apple Watch. It automagically quantify your daily and weekly activity and motivate you to be more active.
- Track your all-day activity without draining your battery (no GPS) or wearing a fitness gadget.
- Track your Steps, Active Calories, Distance, and Active Time.
- Track your Daily, Weekly and Monthly activities in great detail.
- Long-tap on any day for Details.
If we missed any great fitness tracker apps, let me know in the comments box! Find this list useful, don’t forget to share it!
Thank you for reading. Try these out too: