WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – Which is better to get success in blogging
wordpress.com vs wordpress.org – Which is better to get success in blogging
Do you know that WordPress.com and WordPress.org are actually two very different platforms? Often these confuse both to beginners, as a result, beginners choose the wrong platform. Often our users are asked which is a better forum in that : wordpress com vs wordpress org. To answer this, we have made the most comprehensive comparison of WordPress.com vs WordPress.org(self hosted wordpress)….
Our goal is to highlight difference between wordpress com and wordpress org, so that you can choose the right platform according to your needs.
Also read :
Choosing the right platform is important for your online success, so we have made best comparison between wordpress org vs wordpress com, so that you can choose the right platform for your buisness.
So let’s see the differences between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org….
Comparison between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
The best way to understand the difference between WordPress.org vs WordPress.com is Focus personally on each platform.
WordPress.org “the real WordPress” is a popular website platform that you’ve heard. This is an open source and anyone can use it as well as free of charge. You just need a domain and web hosting, it is also known as “self hosted WordPress“.
If you use self-hosted WordPress.org to create your own website or blog then some of its pros and cons have given below.
With WordPress.org, you have full control on your website. You are free to do anything and you can customize as much as you like. Here are some benefits of choosing WordPress.org to build your website.
- It’s free and easy to use.
- You are the owner of your website and all your data. Your site will not be closed unless you make something illegal.
- You can add free, paid, and custom wordpress plugins to your website.
- You can customize your website design as needed and add any free or paid wordpress theme. You can also create a completely custom design or modify whatever you want.
- You can earn money from your WordPress site by showing your own ads, without share revenue anyone.
- You can use powerful tools like Google Analytics for custom analytics in your site or blog.
- You can use self-hosted WordPress for sell digital or physical products etc.
- You can create membership sites.
There are very few cons in using self-hosted WordPress.org site.
- Like all websites, you will need web hosting. This is the place where your website files are stored. it cost is approximately $ 3- $ 10 per month. However when your website grows and gets more traffic, the costs of web hosting will increase, You will earn enough money to cover it.
- You must update it yourself, you can easily update your WordPress site by clicking on the update button, so this is not a difficult task.
- You have to do backup yourself, but the good thing is that there are so many WordPress backup plugins that gives you automatic backup..
The actual cost of the WordPress.org website is different. It depends on you that what type of blog you are making.
We recommend that you use WordPress.org. If you want to succeed in the world of online …
WordPress.com is a hosting service created by co-founder Matt Mullenweg of WordPress.
There are 5 plans in the WordPress.com hosting service :
- Free – Very limited.
- Personal – $36 per year
- Premium – $99 per year
- Business – $299 per year
- VIP – starting at $5000 per month
Now see the pros and cons of WordPress.com
>>>>> WordPress.com pros
Free WordPress.com platform is a good option for dabbler bloggers here are some benefits of using WordPress.com.
- It’s free up to 3GB. After that you have switch to paid plan for more space.(Personal plan $36 /year gives you 6GB, Premium plan $99/year gives you 13GB storage, or Business plan for $299/year).
- You do not have to worry about updates or backups because WordPress.com take care it.
Free WordPress.com has many limitations and it is different from WordPress.org. Here are some disadvantages of WordPress.com.
- They advertise on all free websites, your users will see the ads, and you can not make money from it. If you do not want your users to see their ads, then you need to upgrade your plan (starting from $ 36 per year).
- You do not have permission to sell advertisements on your website. If you run a high traffic site, then you can apply for WordAds advertising. You have to share revenue with them. Premium and Business Plan users can use WordAds.
- You can not upload plugins in the Free Plan. In it you can only install the jetpack plugin. Business plan users can install compatible plugins ($ 299 / year). WordPress.com’s VIP plan allow to install plugins, and it starts at $ 5000 per month.
- You can not upload custom themes. Premium and Business Plan users can choose and install premium themes.
- You can not add Google Analytics or install any other powerful tracking platform. Business Plan users can install Google Analytics
- They can delete your site at any time. if they think that you are violate their Terms of Service.
- Your site will display powered by WordPress.com. It can be removed by upgrading to a business plan.
- You can not create membership websites with WordPress.com.
As you can see, WordPress.com hosting platform is quite limited when you are free, personal, or even on the premium plan. To unlock more advanced features, you have to go in business plan ($ 299 per year) or VIP plan ($ 5000 per month).
Since this is a popular topic, Many questions are asked about WordPress.com vs WordPress.org.
WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – Which is Better
If you are a personal blogger, and you do not care about making money from your Blog/website, then go to free WordPress.com.
If you are a business or a blogger and want to make money from your site, then we recommend using self-hosted WordPress.org. It gives you the freedom and flexibility to grow your website.
You can get many advanced features with WordPress.com Business plan ($ 299 / year for each website), but spend this money on self-hosted WordPress site. With the help of self hosted site, you can go a long way in online world, and its cost is $46 / year.
In our expert opinion, WordPress.org is a better platform.
How do I start the WordPress.org website?
To start a self-hosted WordPress website, you need a domain name and WordPress hosting.
A domain name is the address of your website on the internet, like google.com etc. Web hosting is a place where your website files stored.
We recommend using Bluehost for hosting your website because they are one of the world’s largest web hosting companies.
Can we go to WordPress.org from WordPress.com?
New users who do not know the difference between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org often start their blogging with free WordPress.com. After seeing the limitation of the WordPress.com platform, they want to switch WordPress.com to “WordPress.org”…
Yes, you can definitely switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org and you can easily move all of your content to WordPress.org.
If you like our posts “WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – which is better?” then don’t forget to sahre it….
To get such informational post, please suscribe our blog.